Chemonics seeks a grants manager for the anticipated five-year, $25-$50-million USAID New Education Activity in Somalia. The project aims to increase equitable access to education for marginalized populations and enhance the ability of education authorities to manage and lead the education sector. This position will be based in Somalia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee grants activity development and implementation under the deputy chief of party
- Provide day-to-day leadership, management, and oversight of various grants management units
- Ensure compliance with USAID regulations and Chemonics’ policies for all grant-making activities
- Work closely with technical staff to identify potential recipients for assistance and work with them to design and develop grant concepts and activities under the overall direction of the chief of party or deputy chief of party and other program representatives
- Proactively identify and conceptualize potential activities that appropriately respond to the established program goals, objectives, and strategic priorities
- Analyze and evaluate activity applications, proposals, and agreement/award documents to ensure consistency with program goals and objectives
- Develop and finalize multiple activities on an ongoing basis in a fast-paced and highly changeable environment
- Provide overall leadership and management to large-scale procurement activities
- Communicate regularly with project grantees, working with them to assess performance of and compliance with grant activities
- Bachelor’s degree in management, international development, business administration, conflict/peacebuilding, or a related field required
- At least four years of experience managing, administering, and implementing grants in a similar role on a USAID-funded project
- At least two years of supervisory experience
- Experience managing teams remotely preferred
- Solid understanding of project, contract, and grants management as well as U.S. government regulations and guidelines and an understanding of how to apply this knowledge to provide strategic support, guidance, and problem-solving
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Apply online at https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/sne_gm by Wednesday, April 20, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.