Creative Associates seeks a Grants Manager for an anticipated donor-funded project in Burkina Faso. The Grants Manager will provide administrative and technical guidance and support to the Chief of Party and staff on the design of grant applications, guidelines, and regulations for the small grants mechanism.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
The Grants Manager will have principal responsibility for:
- Providing advisory assistance to grant applicants and lead the review of grant submissions;
- Analyzing and evaluating grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with donor regulations, recommending award actions to the contract team;
- Coordinating the issuance of awards and maintain contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a small grants database; and
- Preparing scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, financial analysis or accounting desirable; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five years’ experience with sub-grants management, preferably in Burkina Faso; minimum of three years working in international development;
- Solid understanding of donor regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze technical and cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether or not applicants should be funded;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English and French. Fulani language skills strongly preferred.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.