Position: Grants Manager
Location: Tehran, Iran (with travels to the field)
Duration: One year with possible extension
Reports to: Program Director
Position Summary: RI is currently seeking a Grants Manager to manage current project grants, identify and secure new program opportunities for expanding the core mission areas of Relief International (RI) in Iran. S/he will provide oversight of all country grants, liaise and build relationships with donors, write proposals, concept notes and reports in collaboration with the Iran country and field teams, develop reporting tools and ensure that projects are running according to donor contractual requirements.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Grants Management (50%)
- Manage project grants funded by diverse donors, including consortium grants
- Ensure compliance with RI and donor implementation and reporting guidelines
- Ensure compliance with donor contractual obligations
- Support the country team in project mobilization and close-out
- Lead, follow up and coordinate the timely close out of grant contracts;
- Support program teams in preparing interim, final and other required reports, including working together with M&E team as required
- Establish and maintain reporting calendar for programs
- Analyse project progress, ensure proper budgets follow-up, analysis, projections and budget realignments where needed
- Ensure strong coordination with GSO and RSO for contractual and financial issues as needed.
- Develop, manage and follow-up on partner grants
- Liaise and coordinate for consortium grant projects
Program Development (25%)
- Lead the coordination and development of competitively strong proposals and concept notes based on context, needs and donor strategies
- Develop fund raising strategies, explore new funding sources and opportunities for on-going and new programs and projects
- Liaise, consolidate and manage current and potential donor relationships
- Build and manage relationships with national and international partners
- Conduct regular donor mapping, collate cross-sector information management and draft funding requests in coordination with the Program Director
Support country program (10%)
- Conduct joint analysis and part of lessons learned exercises to inform new projects and program direction;
- Visit and monitor field activities to develop new programs with Tehran and field teams
- Contribute to project follow-up meetings and ensure adequate follow-up on agreed action points.
- Provide capacity building on grants related issues, documentation and visibility activities for field teams.
- Provide strategic inputs for the country programme and strategy
- Advise the program team on donor strategies and new program directions
- Provide technical support to projects where relevant including visits to field offices
- Regularly meet with project managers to discuss program reports and progress
- Keep RI’s internal grant tracker updated with all relevant milestones and ensure essential documents are uploaded properly
- Ensure relevant hard/soft copy documentation for all projects, including M&E support documents
- Ensure efficient and effective information management on RI grants
- Represent RI at external meetings, working groups and other meetings as required.
- Prepare newsletters, material for external communication
- Support advocacy on issues related to program components through contacts and co-ordination with donors and other key actors
- Participate in organizational level coordination and coordination calls
- Lead and facilitate the organization’s visibility activities in collaboration with field area offices and project mangers
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, partners and other organizations;
Qualifications & Requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve the required results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in international development, humanitarian studies, business, management or other sector-specific technical area;
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in managing grants, especially large and/or consortium grants and developing programs in a humanitarian / development setting;
- Wide experience in effective strategic level communication and coordination with national partners, central and local authorities, NGO partners, UN agencies and other relevant stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of international development programming;
- In-depth knowledge of social sector and humanitarian needs and activities in Iran;
- Excellent writing and research skills and computer literacy, including previous proposal writing experience and success at winning public and private foundation/sector awards. MUST have previous proposal writing experience to apply;
- Strong budgeting and financial forecasting skills, including experience in preparing business plans;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines, and exercise sound judgment;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently;
- Fluency in English and strong English writing skills is required;
- Knowledge of Farsi is an advantage
- Maintenance of confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours;
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
About the Organization
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.