The Grants Manager is involved in program design and proposal development, donor reporting, grants information management and grants management capacity-building efforts. The Grants Manager also supports programmatic and budgetary monitoring, compliance with donors and internal RI rules and regulations. The Grants Manager will work closely with the in-country program teams and will report to RI’s Program Director or Country Director if Program Director absent. N.B. This is not a sub grantmanagement role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Grants & Compliance
- Ensure that reports to donors are submitted on time and are coherent and accurately written (quarterly, interim and/or final report).
- Maintain hard and soft files on RI Yemen’s grant portfolio.
- Play a role in Grant Opening and Closing meetings, as well as monthly/regular grants management meetings which include representation from each unit (finance, programs, and operations) and ensure proper follow up of issues raised.
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as Budget versus Actuals (BvAs), procurement planning, hire planning and activity plans amongst program teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles.
- In coordination with RI HQ, monitor implementation of programs to ensure they are in accordance with donor and RI’s internal requirements.
- Support program staff teams in the development of quality proposals. Act as the lead writer for some proposals.
- Liaise with RI Middle East and HQ grants units and technical units to ensure proposals meet internal standards, apply RI’s Program Framework principles and are donor compliant.
- Visits to field sites in order to work directly with program staff on the development of proposals and to regularly visit RI’s program activities.
Training and capacity building
- To offer training and capacity building of all staff on program reporting and RI’s program specific documents.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and integrate the RI program framework into all programs.
- Keep informed on monitoring and evaluation techniques and support tools which can be shared with program staff; work closely with the various program heads.
Information management/data collection
- To distribute and share with all RI staff copies of all documentation (grant proposals, reports, budget etc.) related to their specific programs. Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use.
- To act as an information resource on Turkey and provide informative and varied articles from several sources regarding the current political, socio-economic, security situation in the country.
- Provide briefing papers and support development of external communication tools as relevant for donor visits/meetings on RI Yemen programs in particular.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- At least 4 years of international work experience in relief or development programs
- Excellent oral and written reporting skills and demonstrated ability to write and edit reports under deadline pressure.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and proposals and to meet required reporting deadlines
- Working knowledge of budget development and management
- Experience conducting assessments, preferably using participatory approaches
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting
- Competence with Windows, Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in unstable security environments
- Previous experience working with international partners, in particular USAID/OFDA, UNICEF, UNOCHA, WFP, and ECHO
- Fluent written and spoken English required. Arabic strongly preferred.
- Flexibility, optimism and a sense of humor are assets and highly valued.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
About the Organization
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.