Grants Manager for an anticipated civic engagement and peace project, funded by USAID, to promote stability, local solutions, and citizen participation to mitigate conflict and empower civil society in South Sudan. The Grants Manager is to be based in Juba, South Sudan and will have overall responsibility for managing project NGO partners and sub-awards. S/he will work with the DCOP to evaluate grant submissions and ensure all grants are executed according to Creative and USAID regulations.
This position reports to the Chief of Party.
- Analyze and evaluate grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with USAID regulations, recommending award actions to the contract team;
- Coordinate the issuance of awards and maintain contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a grants database;
- Provide direct technical support to the programs primary local NGO partners and sub-awardees;
- Coordinate closely with the DCOP and HQ grants support staff to ensure grants fit within the overall program goals and objectives;
- Instill a team-oriented environment among grants unit staff and develop grant unit staff capacity through individual mentoring and staff training; and
- Prepare scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least four (4) years of experience in managing large sub-awards in fragile contexts, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa;
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working in a fragile or transitional state environment or security-challenged environments;
- Previous experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa on transition programs in insecure environments is desirable but not required; experience working in South Sudan is highly desirable, but not required;
- Master’s degree in relevant field desired but not required.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.