Creative Associates seeks a Grants Manager for an anticipated donor-funded project in Libya focused on local governance and civil society. The Grants Manager will provide administrative and technical guidance and support to the Chief of Party (COP) and staff on the design of grant applications, guidelines, and regulations for the small grants mechanism.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants Manager will report to the COP.
- The program will effectively support Libyan NGOs and civil society grant activities.
- Grant activities will be completed on time and within budget.
- Grants will comply with Creative policies and USAID regulations.
- Grant files will be kept up to date and complete.
The Grants Manager will have principal responsibility for:
- Providing advisory assistance to grant applicants and lead the review of grant submissions;
- As required, conducting training for Civil Society Organizations on grant management;
- Analyzing and evaluating grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with donor regulations, recommending award actions to the contract team;
- Coordinating the issuance of awards and maintain contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a small grants database; and
- Preparing scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, financial analysis or accounting desirable; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five (5) years’ experience with sub-grants management, preferably in North Africa; minimum of three (3) years working in international development;
- Familiarity with U.S. Government grant regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze technical and cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether or not applicants should be funded;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Demonstrated experience in grant monitoring;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Speaking, writing and reading proficiency in English and Arabic.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.