Land O’Lakes International Development is seeking candidates for the position of Grants Manager for an anticipated USAID Feed the Future Agricultural Growth Activity in Bangladesh. The purpose of the Activity is to increase the ability of the country’s agricultural private sector to more effectively manage their businesses while also increasing these businesses engagements at the farmer level, thereby enhancing farmers’ productivity and Bangladesh’s food security. The Activity builds upon past USAID investment in agricultural economic growth and agricultural value chains through the Agricultural Value Chains activity. The Activity will be closely linked with other FTF activities currently underway: Rice and Diversified Crops, Livestock Production for Improved Nutrition, Bangladesh Nutrition Activity, ACI-IRRI-PPP, CSISA Mechanization and Irrigation project, Meeting the Under-nutrition Challenge (MUCH), FAO Food Safety activity, Policy Research and Strategy Program, Biotechnology Partnership (Potato), and South Asia Eggplant Improvement Partnership.
The Grants Manager will be responsible for managing an innovative grant fund through the design and monitoring of competitive grants to small and medium-sized agribusinesses. These grants under contract will facilitate the easing of market system bottlenecks and unlock access to finance and investment in the agricultural and agri-food sectors in Bangladesh. The position will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh and will report to the Chief of Party.
Primary responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Organize project staff to conduct and document ongoing monitoring of grantee performance, capacity building that targets grantee needs, and financial monitoring to ensure proper and efficient use of donor funds;
- Tailor existing tools to create a project grants under contract manual covering all procedures from announcement and intake through analysis and final selection;
- Draft requests for grant applications and/or an annual program statement targeting promising small and medium-sized agribusinesses;
- Assist short-listed applicants to refine their application working in coordination with technical team colleagues to develop a technically sound approach to upgrading production capacity;
- Analyze and evaluate grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with USAID regulations, recommending award actions to the contract team;
- Prepare all grant-related donor approval requests and promptly respond to all grant-related donor requests;
- Coordinate the issuance of grants under contract and maintain documentation through the development and upkeep of Land O’Lakes grants database and document management system;
- Provide direct technical support to potential local NGO partners and grantees;
- Coordinate closely with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party and the technical teams to ensure grants fit within the overall program goals and objectives;
- Prepare scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the grants program;
- Analyze and evaluate activity applications, proposals, and agreement/award documents to ensure consistency with program goals and objectives;
- Provide overall leadership and management to large-scale procurement activities;
- Communicate regularly with project grantees, working with them to assess performance of grant activities and compliance with grant conditions.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Five to seven years of experience managing a grants portfolio
- Familiarity with USAID grants under contract rules and regulations
- Experience with a grants management database used to manage work flow and document key stages in a grant cycle
- Attention to detail and experience with crafting clear and deliverable-based program descriptions
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, management or other related field
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Bengali is required
The position described above is contingent upon Activity award.
About the Organization
Since 1981, Land O’Lakes International Development has applied an integrated approach to international economic development that capitalizes on Land O'Lakes, Inc.'s nearly 100 years as a leading farm-to-market agribusiness. We use our practical experience and in-depth knowledge to facilitate market-driven business solutions that generate economic growth, improve health and nutrition, and alleviate poverty. We believe in the value of people and ensuring our work is rooted in honesty, integrity and respect.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, our vision is to be a global leader in transforming lives by engaging in agriculture and enterprise partnerships that replace poverty with prosperity, and dependency with self-reliance. Since our inception, we have implemented nearly 300 programs and training initiatives in over 80 countries, which have enabled farmers and agribusinesses to become more profitable and to leverage economies of scale through well-functioning cooperatives and producer groups.