Creative Associates seeks a Grants Manager for an anticipated donor-funded project in Niger. The Grants Manager will provide administrative and technical guidance and support to the Chief of Party and staff on the design of grant applications, guidelines, and regulations for the small grants mechanism.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
- Ensuring efficient grants management in accordance with USAID regulations.
- Proper management of grant funds by grantee organizations.
- Development and implementation of systems to properly manage, monitor, and report grant performance in accordance with USAID and Creative policies, practices, rules and regulations.
The Grants Manager will have principal responsibility for:
- Providing advisory assistance to grant applicants and lead the review of grant submissions;
- Analyzing and evaluating grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with donor regulations, recommending award actions to the contract team;
- Coordinating the issuance of awards and maintain contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a small grants database; and
- Preparing scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, financial analysis or accounting desirable; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five (5) years’ experience with sub-grants management, preferably in Niger or West Africa; minimum of three (3) years working in international development;
- Solid understanding of donor regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze technical and cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether applicants should be funded;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in French and Hausa.
Local and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.