Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities in seven governorates in Yemen. The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities in Yemen.
The Grants Manager will manage a grants team and administer grants and procurement processes related to subaward management. S/He will finalize and manage sub awards and ensure that the implementing sub-partners are compliant with USAID policies and procedures. In addition, this role will work with program and M&E teams to ensure oversight during implementation and closeout. The Grants Manager, in collaboration with the Grants and Contracts Department at the Global Communities Headquarters office, will advise staff on contractual and grant issues, donor compliance, and implementation of Global Communities polices related to subaward management and risk mitigation in high risk settings.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Manage the grants team on the full subaward cycle including solicitation, pre-award, award, monitoring, and compliance, reporting and close-out.
* In coordination with relevant technical teams, manage implementation of the Peacebuilding Grants Fund and Women’s Peace and Security Funds.
* Establish and manage the grants team oversight of the sub-grant processes including review of all partner financial documents/reports BvAs, review and approval of advances and liquidations, asset and inventory management including transfer of expendable and non-expendable supplies and equipment at the end of the project.
* Liaise with the Procurement Department to ensure all procurements done by local sub grantee partners are compliant with Global Communities and donor rules and regulations.
* Coordinate with the compliance unit and supervise teams that conduct compliance spot checks and monitor corrective action plans.
* Provide expert advice to partners on audit requirements.
* Monitor and report on implementation and performance issues of program sub awards in coordination with program, M&E, and security.
* Manage the grants team on the maintenance of subaward files; track and monitor electronic files during implementation.
* Manage the grants team to assure OFAC and vetting requirements are implemented.
* Develop, manage and monitor the Global Communities YCST subaward risk mitigation plan.
* Coordinate with the program team on selection, institutional capacity development plans and overall partnership development methodologies.
* Support Global Communities senior management in business development.
* Conducts and supervises formal trainings on Global Communities and donor rules and regulations.
* Mentors and trains grants coordinator, grant officers, and grant assistant on all aspects of subaward management and compliance.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Thorough knowledge of USAID grants policies, procedures, and USG 2 CFR 200 requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to form effective and productive relationships with stakeholder counterparts, in order to achieve program objectives.
* Ability to develop budgets and budget notes and to do a cost analysis for reasonable, allocable, and allowable costs.
* Knowledge of USG audit requirements for non-USG organizations.
* High degree of accuracy and very strong attention to detail.
* Understanding of the full-life cycle of a sub-award and the different subaward mechanisms to include simplified grants, standard grants, fixed amount awards, in-kind grants and grants to local governmental organizations.
* Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic required.
* Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
* At least 7 years of finance professional experience.
* At least 3 years of grants experience for U.S. government-funded programs, sub-award management and grantee management.
* At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
* Experience working with sub-grantees and/or local partner organizations.
* Experience working on USAID-funded programs preferred.
* Prior experience in the MENA region preferred.
* Experience working with local national staff and building local capacity with nascent organizations and understanding of institutional organizational development preferred.