Nathan Associates is currently implementing the USAID-funded Uganda Domestic Revenue Mobilization for Development (DRM4D) Activity. DRM4D includes a grant fund of $800,000 to engage strategically with government institutions, business associations, civil society, and the media to strengthen the capacity of individual organizations and build broad coalitions able to engage on complex tax issues. DRM4D will strategically combine these grants with technical assistance to achieve the Activity’s objectives. DRM4D’s Grants Manager will work with the Director of Finance and Administration and technical staff to design and implement the grants program. This position has an initial duration of 1.5 years to coincide with the end of the second year of the Activity, with possibility for extension depending on the progress of the grants program and existing need. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Work with the Technical Leadership Team to identify opportunities in line with DRM4D objectives and issue calls for concept notes;
- Follow the provisions of the Grants under Contract Manual and revise the manual as necessary;
- Publicize calls for concepts widely, engaging new or underutilized partners;
- Work with shortlisted applicants to prepare full proposals to lower barriers for local partners that have not worked with USAID;
- Monitor grantees and provide training and coaching, and organize a grantee peer learning network to share lessons learned;
- Assist with monitoring grantees’ performance.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· The ideal candidate for the Grants Manager position will hold a University degree in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related topics.
· A minimum of 10 years working experience with a USAID project or other international development organisation is required, with at least 5 of those years managing grants under contract or sub-grants.
· Familiarity with key USAID grant mechanisms such as RFA and APS.
· The jobholder will be a proactive and efficient communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
· The ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and demonstrate discretion with common sense in discharging assigned responsibilities. Incumbent must recognise the need to consult and seek for help from superiors when in doubt.
About the Organization
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence and with corporate offices in the US, London, and India and more than 40 program offices around the world, we offer the following five areas of expertise, honed since we opened our doors in 1946:
- International Development
- Infrastructure, Project Development & Finance
- Economic & Regulatory Consulting
- Litigation & Expert Services
- Advisory Services
For a close view of the company’s international and domestic projects please visit our related project listings and our international project websites http://www.nathaninc.com/services