We are seeking a full-time Grants Manager who will be responsible for overall grants under contract management. This role reports to the Vice President of Projects and Operations, and also works closely with the Project Directors on which grants are a component of implementation. The Grants Manager will play a key role in managing project-based learning grants portfolios focused on democracy, human rights, and governance in Latin America and gender-based violence globally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the development, implementation, evaluation and close-out of project-based grants
· Track reporting needs, deadlines, and action items
· Work with the Finance team to manage financial reporting and monitoring
· Maintain strong program monitoring, data gathering, compiling, and filing systems for the project-based grants activities
· Work closely with project components and the MEL Directors to ensure that data collection and reporting by grantees is in accordance with grant agreement requirements and the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP)
· Prepare and seek approval of the Grants Manual and its revisions from USAID
· Oversee the grants making process including past performance review, and pre-award surveys
· Ensure all grant program procedures are in compliance with applicable client guidelines and regulations, especially in regard to all required documentation, certifications, and forms in grant awards
· Provide and implement a financially prudent mechanism for determining a potential recipient’s capacity and managerial competence for the receipt of a grant
· Monitor grants budget expenditures and assist in allocating funds
· Conduct due diligence on all successful applicants with approved grants
· Support the development and implementation of capacity building activities for grantees related to grant management
· Contribute to the analysis of the impact and effectiveness of grant activities
· Serve as a project officer and/or contribute to the management of other projects as requested
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial management, business administration, or related field
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, with at least two years’ of this experience managing grants for international development activities
· Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources, and conduct and adhere to Making Cents’ Code of Business Ethics and Conduct and related policies and procedures
· Excellent analytical, communication, writing, editing, and presentation skills
· Strong project management and organizational skills, and attention to detail
· Fluency in English and Spanish
· Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements and USG grant and procurement management
· Experience with remote/international teams
· Master’s degree in relevant field
· Interest in or experience working in the areas of gender-based violence and/or democracy, human rights, and governance in the international context
· Ability to work in the US without sponsorship
Full-time telework until the company’s Washington, DC office reopens for regular business; thereafter regular office environment. Ability and willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries. Travel up to 10% may be required.
About the Organization
Making Cents International is a dynamic social enterprise that has been increasing economic opportunities in developing countries for fifteen years. We are known as a source of high quality technical services, and a thought leader in the economic growth arena. Our technical services and collaborative learning activities consistently improve the ability of target populations - especially youth, women, smallholder farmers, and vulnerable populations - to launch and grow businesses, participate in profitable value chains, access finance, and obtain meaningful work. Our services are based on an appreciation of client assets and market needs, local capacity building, and a desire to achieve greater sustainable results. Our success is grounded on core competencies that focus on innovation, quality, teamwork, communication, leadership, and knowledge management.
Making Cents Corporate site: www.makingcents.com.