Title: Grants Manager
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Period of Performance: LTTA
Development Innovations (DI) is a six-year USAID-funded project that helps civil society organizations, technology companies, social enterprises and young innovators to design and use information and communications technology (ICT) solutions and employ innovative processes to tackle Cambodia’s development challenges.
The Grants Manager will manage all project funding targeted to support CSOs and technology initiatives. The Grants Manager will assume the overall responsibility for the management of the project grants portfolio in compliance with USAID and DAI rules and directives. S/he will collaborate with technical and operations staff to design, market, evaluate, award, track/monitor and publicize results of project grants. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide procedures and policy guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as sub-grantees to ensure adherence to grant management policies;
- Design clearly written grant solicitations and publicizing to ensure that targeted groups are aware of grant opportunities and how to apply;
- Analyze and evaluate grant applications, proposals and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies;
- Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for sub-grants;
- Review and analyze budget estimates for allow ability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency;
- Provide targeted capacity building to sub-grantees in financial administration and compliance as needed;
- Coordinate with the Communications Specialist to publicize grants information and contribute to success stories; and
- Collaborate with the M&E Specialist to monitor sub-grantee performance and capture results for the project Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP);
- Identify new stories, key wins, content, and success stories from project partners for bi-weekly editorial meetings.
- An advanced degree or a Bachelor’s Degree with commensurate work experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience, with at least 2 years of experience in grants design, administration and management.
- Understanding of good customer service principals and desire to support Cambodian-based partners to achieve goals and objectives.
- Working knowledge of USAID Contract Management and Grants Management policies and procedures highly preferred
- Prior experience in the award and administration of sub-awards, especially fixed obligation/fixed award amount grants preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing proactive and supportive relationships with grantees and partners.
- Fluency in Khmer and proficiency in English required.
This position reports to the Chief of Party.
How to apply:
Candidates interested in the position should email a CV and cover letter including 3 references with the position of interest in the subject line to DevelopmentInnovationsRecruit@dai.com by Wednesday, 31st October 2018 at 17:30pm.
About the Organization
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.