Grants Manager, Laos
ACDI/VOCA is currently implementing a four-year Laos Microenterprise Activity funded by the USAID. The aim of the activity is to strengthen the competitiveness of Laos microenterprises using a market system approach. The activity’s grant fund is approximately $800,000 and will be dispersed between larger grants to established private sector companies, and small grants to innovative MEs with the capacity to mobilize their communities around technology adoption or output marketing.
ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced and talented professionals for the Grants Manager position. The Grants Manager will be responsible for the grants-related procurement, subcontracting and grant processes and will monitor all grant and subcontract implementation activities to ensure compliance with ACDI/VOCA and donor guidelines and budget. The position will be based in Phonsavan, Xiengkhouang; the duration of the assignment is 18 months.
- Develop and manage the sub-grants portfolio, sub-grant funding, and usage of funds.
- Work with technical team to identify potential activities and grantees that meet project objectives.
- Prepare grant solicitations, proposal and budget guidelines, and grant funding instructions and procedures.
- Coordinate grantee selection process (establishing selection committees, defining selection criteria, developing process documentation templates).
- Establish detailed systems and procedures for management of grants activities, including the preparation of grant agreement templates and other compliance-related documents related to the solicitation, review, and approval of grant requests, as well as the monitoring and close out of grant awards.
- Review and approve payment invoices, procurements, and fund transfer requests to sub-recipients.
- Identify bottlenecks or constraints to effective and timely grants distribution and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Develop and implement a tracking and monitoring system.
- Develop grant budgets, prepare cash forecasts, and monitor grant expenditures.
- Review business plans, develops grant agreements, follow up on outstanding grants and obtain required deliverables. Provide compliance review of grants-related procurement, financial transactions, contracts and grants.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in development, business, economics or other related field.
- Must have a minimum of eight years of proven experience in a senior level finance and/or grants position in an international development organization.
- Minimum of five years of experience with grant or contract management.
- Minimum of three years of experience managing a team.
- Experience in institutional strengthening required and of working with rural communities preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working in collaboration with multiple stakeholders and project implementation teams.
- Experience in directly managing a portfolio of sub-awards is required.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with USAID’s rules and regulations, and with current standards and guidelines with regarding to contracts and grants.
- Ability to travel independently within the county.
- Fluency in English, written and oral.
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, regardless of ethnicity are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.