Chemonics seeks a grants manager for the ongoing USAID Human Rights Accountability Activity (HRAA) in Mexico. The project aims to continue building the capacity of Mexico’s human rights institutions to more effectively and accountably respond to and prevent human rights violations—in particular, forced disappearances and torture—at the federal and state levels. The grants manager will manage and design the grants program in accordance with USAID and Chemonics policies and regulations. This position will be based in Mexico City. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage the grants program in accordance with USAID and Chemonics policies and regulations
- Establish internal systems for managing the grants program
- Design the proposals for donations to be awarded to civil society organizations (CSO’s)
- Collaborate in developing technical evaluation criteria
- Lead processes for requests for proposals for grants and their selection, award, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and close
- Evaluate organizational, administrative and management capacities of organizations that submit proposals for donations
- Provide technical assistance to organizations that require it during the implementation process, closing and evaluation of donations received
- Develop other activities directly related to achieving pre-established results for the project, following the procedures of the grants manual
- Supervise the grants coordinator, ensuring proper execution of the grants program, as established in the HRAA manual
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, finance, international relations or related degree
- Minimum of six years experience in managing grants under international development projects
- Knowledge of USAID and Chemonics processes and regulations relevant to grants allocations
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team, showing initiative to carry out activities in their scope of work
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in Spanish and proficiency in English
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Grants Manager” in the subject line to MexicoHRAARecruitment@chemonics.com by September 18th, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.