Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced Grants Manager for an anticipated $49.7 million Tunisia Resilience and Community Empowerment (TRACE) project. The TRACE program is a 5 year program designed to promote social cohesion, reduce communities’ risk of instability and increase resilience to violent extremism. The program will use rigorous community-based development approach, strengthen the voices of underrepresented groups (including women and youth in rural and peri-urban areas) and actively engage community members as participants and leaders in the full cycle of design, management and evaluation of development activities.
In addition, the program will apply the USAID Development Response to Violent Extremism and Insurgency, strengthen assets of youth, using a positive youth development approach and incorporate a Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting approach. All programming will consider the potential impact on instability and conflict drivers.
The Grants Manager will administer grants and procurement process related to sub-awards. S/he will finalize, manage selected sub-grantees and ensure that the implementing partner and sub-partners are compliant with the USAID policies and procedures.
* Lead the solicitation, disbursement and management processes to local sub-grantees and contractors;
* Establish and manage the grant/procurement application, review and approval, implementation, and close out processes and ensure proper documentation;
* Review all grant/procurement activities for compliance with program policies and USG regulations;
* Monitor and report on implementation and performance of program sub-awards.
* Bachelor’s degree in political science, law, sociology, engineering, economics, business or other related areas; plus at least one year of similar post-graduate education is preferred;
* A minimum of three years of experience setting-up and managing a USAID grants-under-contract or grants-under-grants function that involves local CSOs. Minimum of five years of international development experience;
* Thorough knowledge of USAID procurement policies, procedures and ADS requirements;
* Demonstrated strong management skills to work with a range of technical staff, CSOs, private sector, media outlets, universities and other donors;
* Fluency in written and spoken English required; Arabic and/or French skills required.
Tunisian citizens are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.