Grants Manager, USAID/Indonesia Harmoni
The four-year USAID-funded Harmoni activity promotes tolerance and inclusion and reduces the risk of violent extremism (VE). Harmoni focuses support on interventions that are narrowly targeted towards communities and individuals most at risk of extremism, with a mandate to build the resilience of key Indonesian institutions – governmental, civil society, religious, and community-based – that represent the frontline in preventing VE and intolerant acts in Indonesia.
This is a full-time, long-term position based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
This position is open to Indonesian nationals only.
The Grants Manager is responsible for supervising the grants and procurement assistants and ensuring that all grants are awarded and implemented according the USAID standards and to ensure the successful performance of the grants program. He/she is supervised by the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and coordinates with the Senior Project Manager (SPM) at MSI/HQ.
- Coordinate the Harmoni grant program processes and serve as a prime contact for grantees.
- Lead the procurement of grants in accordance with USAID and MSI standards, including preparing RFA/APS solicitation documents and overseeing grantee proposal reviews.
- Manage a team of Grant Specialists to prepare, administer and manage a pipeline of grants and procurements.
- Disseminate grant program announcements and collect applications and proposals, using MSI’s grants and procurement management system.
- Organize, coordinate and participate in the administrative and technical evaluation process of applications for grants, including documents prepared for the Evaluation Committee.
- Review and negotiate with Harmoni grant applicants on proposed budgets.
- In coordination with the IR program team members, assist grant candidates with finalizing their program SOWs and work plans.
- Review and ensure compliance of all documents included in the application for a grant.
- Ensure the grantees are able to manage their grants efficiently and transparently in compliance with USAID and Harmoni rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely financial disbursements and compliance with grants financial management policies; monitor grant expenses and provide regular updates on grant status.
- Ensure the timely transfer of funds to grantees.
- Ensure grantees spending and tracking of spending is in line with the requirements of their Grant Agreements.
- Properly document all procedures and communication with grantees.
- Monitor implementation of the grant projects:
- develop and regularly revise monitoring schedules;
- conduct site visits for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- attend events organized by grant recipients.
- collect and review reports and deliverables submitted by grant
- document results of grants and subcontract performance monitoring and evaluation
- report regularly to the DCOP, Chief of Party (COP) and SPM at MSI/HQ on implementation of the grant program.
- Conduct trainings for grant applicants and recipients on proposal writing and grant management.
- Provide the IR Leads with information about results and success stories collected through regular communication with grant recipients, site visits, and reports and deliverables submitted by grant recipients.
- Develop and maintain the project’s standard unit costs in coordination with the Procurement Manager and Grant Specialists.
- Develop and maintain grantee activity calendar and provide the M&E specialist with information for Harmoni performance reports and calendar.
- File and ensure presence of all grant documents including, but not limited to application for a grant, evaluation documents, certificates, grant agreement and any amendments, technical reports, deliverables, and financial reports.
- Contribute to the Activity Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMEL) in coordination with the Project’s M&E Manager and MSI/HQ.
- Manage the collection of data for the project’s quarterly and annual reports related to the grants program, and generate appropriate databases.
- Prepare quarterly, annual and final reports regarding the grants program, including analyses of measurable accomplishments against activities conducted and program objectives.
- Provide input on the Grants Manual.
- Carry out and/or participate in other activities as requested or assigned by the DCOP, COP, SPM, and MSI/HQ.
- University degree in relevant area.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in grants and/or project management, including at least 5 years on international donor-funded activities.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects and familiarity with USAID grants and procurements and their associated regulations, required.
- At least 5 years supervisory experience, managing grants and program officers for international donor projects or international organizations.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- Ability to work well within a team, and to complete multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Strong initiative and teamwork skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.