Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency (AMANAT),
“Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency” project (AMANAT) is a USAID activity focused on supporting Afghan government and non-government institutions reduce and prevent corruption in the delivery of public services. The project will work closely with local counterpart agencies to identify public services that are particularly vulnerable to corruption, develop mitigation strategies, implement those initiatives, and monitor their impact. Examples of AMANAT’s reforms will include administrative streamlining, improved internal controls, e-governance applications, more open data, and establishing ethics units in government agencies. The project will also promote better communication of these reforms to generate more public trust in government. In addition, civil society, business, and the media will play major roles in AMANAT by conducting robust monitoring and oversight of these institutional reforms and their impacts.
** Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position**
The Grants Officer will be responsible for ensuring that all grant-related tasks are completed on time, Grantee milestones are achieved and current, including grant solicitations RFA/APS, grant award documents development, and closeout. The position is based in Kabul, while the incumbent will be asked to travel to the provinces to monitor AMANAT projects.
Salary: NTA Grade D (Step 1-5)
- Prepare payment packages for the approved milestones reports
- Check and review grantee progress reports
- Develop grant documents for concept review
- Compile data from reviewers
- Develop proposal review documents and communicate to the grantees questions and comments from the technical team
- Conduct pre-award assessment of the civil society organizations’ CSOs, budget negotiations, the scope of work development, and setting milestones
- Serve as a grants coordinator and point of contact
- Involvment in the grants cycle of management and processes (pre-award & post-award)
- Contribute to the management of awards, daily administrative tasks and activities and help the team achieve deadlines
- Prepare monthly spending status and grants tracking spreadsheets, memos, and the contract amendment
- Coordinate with Finance, program, M&E, and externally with the stakeholders about data collection and reporting essential for deliverables
- Assist in reviewing/evaluating grants under contract for compliance with AMANAT and USAID rules and procedures
- Assist in developing solicitations for grant applications, evaluating applications, and determining the appropriate type of grant instrument
- Prepare request for consent to issue grants packages in accordance with USAID regulations
- Draft grant agreements and assist with monitoring of grant implementation activities
- Assist in entry of grant information in database for tracking and reporting
- Prepare and conduct formal training sessions on the grant application and execution procedures for new grantees and potential partner organizations as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Education, Economics, or related field is required
- Minimum of five years of professional experience, preferably working with USAID funded programs is required
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software
- Demonstrated strong program solving skills and strong customer relations (both internally and externally)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work on a team
- Knowledge of ADS 303, 2 CFR 200, OMB A-122 preferred
- Understanding of the grant’s proposal and budget requirements
- Knowledge of USAID grants regulations
- Experience in a contractor performance system review environment and working with USAID regulations
- Fluency in English required
Close date: Feb 27, 2021
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.