Devex is assisting an international non-profit information and communication technology services organization focused on health systems and solutions in its search for a Grants Officer to be based in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
The Grants Officer will provide quality and proper stewardship of grants by managing the financial resources of donors and U.S. federal government. He/she will coordinate the administrative and financial aspects of grants, federal awards, and cooperative agreements by reviewing budget completeness, and coordinates post award actions.
This position will be part of the Administrative Department and will be reporting to the Public Health Advisor (PHA). This is a contractual position for one year, renewable based on competency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Function as primary point of contact for in-country central office for grant-related issues
- Handles the day-to-day grant management (non-programmatic) aspects of grants
- Develops and implements systems and monitoring procedures to ensure proper stewardship of funds
- Communicates regularly with the finance department, donor, or CDC Public Health Advisors
- Accounts for its funds to donor and CDC on sub-contractors execution
- Conduct quarterly procurement plan to be reviewed and approved by PHA on funds request
- Maintain separate account for grant funds
- Document financial management and budget procedures
- Adheres to the organization’s written policy requirements for financial management on comprehensive internal controls, financial management system, sub-contracts, and audits
- With Program Managers, conduct both semi-annual and annual performance and progress reports on budget and spend plans on current and next budget period
- With Program Managers, conduct both semi-annual and annual performance & progress reports on work plans for the next budget period
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- University degree in public health, science, business, finance, public administration, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible work experience at national and international levels in administration and project management in the public health field.
- Experience in coordinating and collaborating preparedness activities (e.g. data collection, analysis, planning, and monitoring).
- Management and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of funding management techniques to plan and organize public health program operations
- Knowledge of funding concepts, principles, methods, and techniques of public health program administration
- Knowledge of funding requirements to manage, oversee and monitor public health projects and/or programs
- Knowledge of the U.S. Government Code Federal Regulations (CFR) and Office of Budget and Management (OMB)
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary officials or groups
- Skill in written communication
- Skill in oral communication
- Excellent presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of Krio is a plus.
To be considered for this position, please click “Apply Now” below. So that we may best assess your skills and experience in relation to this opportunity, please submit a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience for this position.