Grants & Procurement Manager
Abt Associates is a specialist international health and social sector consulting company that provides services to public and private sector clients. Abt Associates is a wholly owned Australian subsidiary of Abt Associates, regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
The Partnership for Human Development (PHD) represents Australia’s long-term vision for enhancing human development in Timor Leste. It brings together the Australian Embassy’s (Timor Leste) diverse activities in health, education, water, sanitation, nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection into a single program to maximise effectiveness, relevance and performance. This investment in Timor-Leste will work towards Strategic Objective 2 of Australia’s Timor-Leste Aid Investment Plan: enhancing human development. Improved human development will ensure that coming generations of Timorese people are better able to lead, contribute to and benefit from their nation’s economic and social development.
The Grants & Procurement Manager is a pivotal management position, reporting to the Deputy Team Leader – Operations, responsible for leading and managing all aspects of procurement and grants activities for the Partnership for Human Development (PHD).
A Terms of Reference providing further details of this opportunity is available from our website at: www.abtassoc.com.au/careers
- Lead in the review, streamlining and simplification of grants and procurement processes and systems
- Ensure the delivery of services with a strong focus on appropriate controls and value for money during the grant/procurement lifecycle, together with high level of customer service internally and externally
- Identify and manage high risks in these areas and develop strategies to maximise vfm in procurement processes
- Build awareness and skills of technical teams and local grant recipients in meeting relevant business processes and compliance requirements
- Lead in the mentoring and capacity development of the grants and procurement team
- Strategically manage relationships with all major stakeholders internally and externally including technical teams, Abt Associates counterparts, primary suppliers and grant recipients
- Develop sound governance systems to underpin all grant and procurement activities, in accordance with DFAT and Abt Associates policies and procedures.
Further Information & Application
The PHD Program is a 5 year program. The position is available for 12 month’s duration with the possibility of extension based on individual performance, approval of program budget and alignment with ongoing program work plan.
Further information in regards to this opportunity can be found from the Careers page of Abt Associates website at http://abtjta.turborecruit.com.au/job/jobDetailsPreview.cfm?id=1006223
It is preferred that all applications should be submitted online via the Careers page listed above.
Applications can also be lodged through PHD Human Resources email email@example.com - Please insert the job title in the email subject heading. All applications are to include a current CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.
Closing date: Monday 18 December 2017 (midnight AEST)
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.