Macfadden, a PAE company, is seeking a Grant Specialist to provide grant support to the Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) in the Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA) of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
The Grant Specialist will assist in reviewing grant proposals and preparing non-complex award documents for USAID/OFDA’s Agreement Officers. They will be responsible for entering award information into USAID/OFDA’s assistance planning and financial systems, as well as, maintaining internal award tracking databases. They will be responsible for tracking and facilitating approvals of country specific waivers, exemptions, and action memorandums. The Grants Specialist will provide support in managing hard copy and electronic award files.
- Key Responsibilities
- Assist in reviewing non-complex grantee proposal documents for completeness and accuracy. Review budget documents to ensure proposed cost estimates are reasonable, allowable, and allocable in accordance to 2 CFR 200 Cost Principles.
- Assist in preparing non-complex grants, cooperative agreements, and award modifications, and Memorandum of negotiations for Agreement Officer approval.
- Prepare post-award approval letters for the Agreement Officer.
- Enter award data into USAID/OFDA’s Abacus, GLAAS, and ASIST systems.
- Track and facilitate clearances of OFDA waivers, exemptions, and action memorandums submitted by OFDA Agreement Officer Representatives (AOR).
- Assist in maintaining electronic and hard copy award files.
- Assist in responding to inquiries from AORs and grantees on award statuses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills
Bachelor’s Degree required.
1-4 years of office experience including internships.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- High level of integrity, professionalism including teamwork and ability to deliver within short deadlines, work under pressure and multi-tasking skills.
- Professional level skills in both oral and written communication
- Familiarity with US Government entities in general and USAID in particular is desired.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Organization
Macfadden is now part of PAE. Founded over 30 years ago, Macfadden has provided federal agencies with critical on-the-ground support to U.S. government humanitarian missions around the world as well as financial and IT system support. Through program management, human resources services, financial management systems support, information technology solutions, knowledge management, travel coordination and communications support, Macfadden enables effective U.S. government humanitarian response to international disasters. Macfadden’s workforce includes approximately 300 employees primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area.