Chemonics seeks a grants specialist for the anticipated USAID Regional Energy Program in India. The program aims to enhance energy security in South Asia by improving access to affordable, secure, reliable, and sustainable energy through expanded, transparent, and efficient energy markets. The grants specialist will play a key role in the management of grants and subcontracts to local organizations in the program’s effort to strengthen electric company capacity, develop viable off-grid electrification models, enhance the country’s energy regulator, and catalyze private investment for energy projects. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead the concept development and execution of local grants and subcontracts, working with the operations manager, home-office Contracts Department, and consultants to develop the RFPs and RFQs to ensure the project meets its deliverables
- Coordinate project procurements, in full compliance with all applicable USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics’ internal policies and procedures
- Manage and administer a sizeable and complex array of subcontracts and subgrants, ensuring deliverables are being met
- Provide technical and administrative support to local subgrantees and subcontractors to effectively manage grants
- Establish and maintain a filing system for archiving all relevant administrative, contractual, and personnel documentation
- Mentor field-office staff on the award and closeout processes associated with grants and subcontracts
- Degree in project management, business administration, public administration, or other relevant field
- Minimum three years of experience in grants management, with experience in U.S. government energy sector grants management preferred
- Demonstrated record of achieving results in grants management with international development programs
- Demonstrated success working on programs of similar magnitude and complexity
- Ability to collaborate with various teams and communicate effectively
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills a must
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and high levels of professionalism
- Strong spreadsheet and word processing skills, including advanced budgeting skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills in English, both verbal and written
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached to IREPrecruit@chemonics.com and “Energy Sector Specialists – India Regional Energy Program” in the subject line by November 26, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted, and we will interview candidates on a rolling basis.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.