The graphic designer is responsible and accountable for concept, design, and development of responsive email designs, landing pages, social media, digital graphics, printed collateral materials, presentations, and other promotional campaigns. The graphic designer stewards the Living Water brand across all platforms of the organization.
These principles guide and identify us as colleagues and representatives of Living Water:
- Honor God
- Develop People
- Pursue Excellence
- Be Good StewardsKEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the brand standards of Living Water through concept, design and development of responsive email designs, landing pages, website banner creative, social media, digital graphics, print, collateral, presentations, and other promotional campaigns for the organization on a global level.
- Design and develop materials for activities such as direct mail, brochures, infographics, proposals, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Support Houston-based clients as well as Regional Development Offices and International Field Offices.
- Manage multiple, varied projects with complex timelines and production schedules, which requires managing both vendor and cross-team relations.
- Manage web content edits, corrections, and additions in collaboration with website agency.
- Discern when custom design be required and/or when template adaptation is better suited.
- Digital asset management and digital resource management.
- Team collaboration.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Think creatively and use innovative ideas to come up with new concepts and designs
- Manage and coordinate graphic design projects from concept through completion
- Create and conduct high persuasive and aesthetically appealing presentations
- Edit and proofread copy supplied by staff and management
MINIMUM EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and 3-5 years of work experience in design.
- Must have a portfolio to demonstrate design ability for graphic design, both digital and print.
- Demonstrated ability using layout and design software packages such as but not limited to: InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Illustrator. After Effects and Premiere Pro knowledge a bonus.
- Background in traditional design disciplines with an emphasis on design for digital and multimedia applications.
- Concept, design and development for responsive email designs, landing pages, banner creative, social media, web graphics, print, and collateral materials.
- Extensive knowledge of MailChimp or other responsive email template solution required.
- Photography and/or video experience preferred.
- Experience weaving multimedia projects together from various media sources and knowledge of the latest design trends in print, web, and interface.
- Coding experience a plus (HTML5, CSS, Java).
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Mac and PC proficiency
- Photography (a plus)
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS
- Standard office environment
- Shared collaborative space
- Possible opportunity for travel/in-field work
About the Organization
Living Water International exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and to experience "living water"—the gospel of Jesus Christ—which alone satisfies the deepest thirst.