Job Title/Grade: Graphic Design Associate I (Grade 5)
Graphic Design Associate II (Grade 6)
Graphic Designer (Grade 7)
Senior Graphic Designer (Grade 8)
Reports to: Senior Director, Communications
Date: June 25, 2018
Function of the Position:
This is a full-time, professional graphic/visual design position providing support to a broad range of corporate communications needs. The Graphic Design Associate I/II//Graphic Designer/Senior Graphic Designer is a member of DAI’s Communications team, responsible for enhancing the design elements of DAI’s internal and external communications in print and digital media, including the website, social media, presentations, print publications, reports, proposals, infographics, and so on. The Graphic Design Associate I/II//Graphic Designer/Senior Graphic Designer works primarily within the Communications team based in Bethesda, Maryland, but provides support as necessary to business development teams in Bethesda and other corporate offices, and may be required to support projects, including potential travel to the field.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Communications : Contribute to design decisions governing the overall look and feel of DAI corporate collateral and assist other members of the Communications team to enhance the impact of DAI vehicles; design and maintain print and online marketing materials; prepare corporate presentations including PowerPoint decks; design online graphics including animations, templates, and tailored artwork for website, social media, email outreach, advertisements, posters, and other materials as required; maintain and enrich DAI’s library of photographic and image assets; perform coordinating and administrative duties as needed.
2. Business Development Support: Design illustrations, infographics, and other materials to support proposal efforts; engage with business development teams to brainstorm graphical approaches to communicating technical and management concepts.
3. Project Support: Design illustrations, infographics, and other materials to support project efforts; engage with project delivery teams to brainstorm graphical approaches to communicating technical concepts.
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Grade 5: Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or a Master’s degree.
- Grade 6: Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or a Master’s degree plus 1 year of relevant professional experience.
- Grade 7: Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of relevant professional experience, or a Master’s degree plus 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Grade 8: Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of relevant professional experience, or Master’s degree plus 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Outstanding aesthetic sense combined with experience applying visual design skills to serve business communication objectives.
- Technical fluency across the design toolkit and ability to learn new tools, systems, and approaches.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g., InDesign, Illustrator).
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Comfortable working under fixed deadline pressure in a fast-tempo environment.
- Ability to translate complex concepts, data, and text inputs into appealing, complementary visual content.
- Equally adept at working collaboratively with team-mates—at all levels of the business—and in a self-directed setting.
- Experience and expertise in both digital and print design strongly preferred
- Superior skills across the spectrum of design software, including the following programs or a functional equivalent: SVG, Canvas, CSS 3, JS, D3, Sketch, WebFonts, HTML 5. Facility with Final Cut Pro.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint.
- High degree of literacy and numeracy; experience proofreading.
- Knowledge of international development.
- Experience applying and maintaining corporate style guides.
Supervisory Requirements : None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
About the Organization
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.