Blumont’s Business Development team is seeking a skilled graphics artist consultant to create and revise information graphics on a long-term freelance contract basis. The graphics artist will work with our proposals team to turn information and data into visually appealing proposal graphics that highlight key takeaways and simplify complex concepts. Essential to this position is being able to produce work in Adobe Illustrator that follows standardized practices so that the work can be handed off in source file form for other team member to further iterate upon. Please provide samples of your work and a resume.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in a graphic design, visual arts, or related technical field. Must be highly proficient in the use of Adobe Illustrator to conceive and design information graphics.
- Must have at least three years of experience working as a graphic artist in a team environment, working in a collaborative manner to hand off source files to other graphic artists.
- Demonstrated experience creating complex graphics for government proposals in accordance with RFP requirements.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to conceptualize graphics based on verbal and written directions.
- Ability to work independently and reliably in a deadline-driven environment, including communicating project statuses.
- Maintain adherence to version control, file maintenance procedures, and design and brand guidelines.
- Proofread and perform quality checks on one’s own work
About the Organization
Blumont is a global organization working in concert with local communities to design and implement innovative approaches to build infrastructure, deliver lifesaving humanitarian assistance, and foster opportunities for long-term stability and development. With two decades of experience working in the world’s most challenging environments, we have the capacity to effectively operate in nearly any conditions. Blumont serves refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of conflict, and other underserved populations through programming tailored to local contexts and needs in order to empower communities from relief and recovery to sustainable resilience.