Position: Graphic Designer (STTA), USAID INVEST
Period of Performance: April 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020
Maximum Level of Effort: Up to 45 days
Base of Operations: Washington, DC
INVEST is a flexible, efficient buy-in mechanism that helps USAID mobilize private capital. It was designed to address challenges that make it harder for USAID to work alongside the investment community. It ensures rapid procurement so USAID can act within investors’ timelines. It enables flexible, specialized project design and implementation. And, it focuses on learning and adaptation to drive innovation in mobilizing private capital.
The Graphic Designer will support ongoing design needs in support of INVEST communications, including graphics and layouts for reports, presentation creation, marketing materials, and more.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Creation of compelling visuals that distill complex information into an attractive, digestible final product.
- Ability to digest INVEST’s written communications materials and brainstorm ideas for compelling visuals that represent/ can accompany this information
- Design of communications materials, presentations, reports, infographics, web graphics, illustrations, one-pagers, and other visuals for communications use.
- Capacity to produce different concepts for a design request, thereby providing client with options to choose from
- Vision/brainstorming with client over style and design of product
- Submission of draft design and solicitation of feedback
- Revise design according to feedback
- Finalize design and provide design files to client in print-ready format
- Other related tasks, as necessary
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, multi-website, multi-client environment
- Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design, etc.
- Expert experience in designing visually informative graphics and images.
- Expert experience in the layout of professional reports.
- Experience working in collaboration with technical teams and delivering under tight deadlines.
- 4+ years professional work experience in graphic design
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Preferred: Experience designing creative materials while adhering to an organization’s branding guidelines
About the Organization
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.