The graphic designer/video editor is charged with determining the best ways for us to visually represent our company’s creative products. It is very much a people-oriented job, involving development of high-level creative concepts for design projects including branding, animations and infographics for video, print and social media outlets. It also involves working with internal and external clients, pitching designs, and understanding client needs and objectives.
Washington, DC (with possibility of international travel)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing brand strategy and providing creative concepts and designs to the different campaigns from our global offices.
- Ensuring effective and efficient coordination between team and client creative inputs.
- Develop behavioral change communications strategies which meet the client’s objectives and program goals.
- Work closely with the team to visually explain complex data findings, including infographics.
- Assist with the writing and presentation of cohesive and persuasive rationales for campaign creative approaches, including page layout, presentation design, icon creation and photo editing.
- Work within the Sayara International brand on marketing materials and other collateral.
- Assist with the artistic input and design for print materials, video contents and social media products.
- Contribute organization and planning for production teams to optimize resources and produce quality and timely out puts.
- Guide the cycles of campaign development from the initial brainstorming, creative approaches and analysis of available market researches, to the different phases of production development and implementation.
- Undergraduate degree in Fine Arts or related field; may be substituted with commensurate work experience
- At least 2 years of visual design and video editing experience
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, video editing and web limitations; must have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to team members
- A demonstrated working knowledge of experience design, brand development, and creative process
- Strong knowledge of Adobe collections, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, in addition to an understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A team player, who is also self-motivated.
- Experience with international development or a strong international communications background
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work with both types of media for integrated campaigns
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and STATA
Full-time position with three months introductory period.
How to Apply
Please send an introductory email, CV, and 3 samples of recent work to email@example.com. Subject line of the email should be “Graphic Designer/Video Editor” and then the applicant’s name.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
**Please indicate on what site you saw this posting in your email.
About the Organization
Sayara International is a communications and development organization committed to building positive change in transitioning societies. For over 15 years we have served clients including the US State Department, USAID, UN Agencies, World Bank and others, developing programs that have assisted communities and institutions develop sustainable, research-based solutions to solve today’s toughest development challenges in Central Asia and the Middle East.
By employing community-based solutions, our programs focus on civil-society and governance; stabilization and transition; countering violent extremism; capacity building; and research and evaluation methods that account for the challenges of populations in crisis.
Our teams of professionals work out of Sayara International offices in Beirut, Kabul, Islamabad and Washington, DC.