Communications and Reporting Coordinator
Scope of Work
Communications and Reporting Coordinator
USAID/ Haiti AVANSE
Period of Performance:
o/a August 15, 2018 to December 31, 2018
(with a possibility of extension, contingent upon USAID extension of the AVANSE contract)
Background & Objective:
AVANSE is a USAID-funded project that promotes inclusive, sustainable economic growth in Haiti’s Northern Corridor/Cap-Haïtien and aims to increase agricultural incomes by increasing agricultural productivity and strengthening markets for cacao, banana/plantain and rice.
AVANSE is recruiting for a Communications and Reporting Coordinator to ensure that all the good work being done by project staff is recognized and presented and that the outputs of the revised M&E system, which is now generating useful and quality information for both project reporting and management needs, is disseminated and presented. The Communications & Reporting Coordinator coordinates, collates and manages the final production of all project’s reporting to USAID as per contract deliverables, and ensures that USAID branding requirements are met.
The purpose of the Communications and Reporting Coordinator is to support all the communications and reporting functions of the AVANSE program. The Communications and Reporting Coordinator will manage the production of Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Reports; and will work with the Community Communications and Outreach Officer to support development of a monthly newsletter, regular success stories and also work with other team members on occasional special reports as necessary. In addition, the Communications and Reporting Coordinator will assist the Radio and Public Communications Officer and the technical teams in their development of content for weekly radio programs on technical topics, and manage the production by outside consultants of a variety of training films. The Communications and Reporting Coordinator will at all times work closely with AVANSE staff to train them to produce compliant and high quality outputs, photos, films, documents, etc.
Objectives and Duties:
- The duties of the Communications and Reporting Coordinator will include, but not be limited to, the following tasks:
- Working with the Deputy Chief of Party, and the Chief of Party, serve as the primary coordinator and lead the preparation, writing and editing of periodic reports and analyses as required by the contract (quarterly and annual reports, monthly newsletters ad success stories, weekly updates and any ad hoc reports as requested by the client).
- Oversee the final layout and production of all required program reports for USAID, including weekly, quarterly, and annual reports as well as monthly newsletters, weekly blurbs, and regular success stories:
- Ensure the quality and completeness of all such formal reports for USAID;
- Work closely with the (M&E) team to ensure that results/outputs from the M&E team feed effectively into AVANSE’s communication pieces and its reporting to USAID;
- Respond to any ad hoc reporting requests from the COP or USAID;
- Create and oversee the production of promotional material such as success stories, interviews, brochures, guides, SMS promotional messages, video clips, and other communication materials, ensure appropriate translation and facilitate their distribution; develop and manage other communications tools as needed to increase awareness of the AVANSE project.
- In coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation M&E Team, act as the point person for production of all communication materials related to results including:
- Oversight of report content collection/retrieval by AVANSE staff;
- Support to the development of extension materials, paper and electronic (MIS SMS), training films and radio programs, in collaboration with technical teams;
- Edit all materials for external audiences for accuracy, spelling, grammar and syntax; Oversee the day to day activities of the communications staff, and ensure that the project’s communication strategy and activities are directly linked to the objectives of the overall AVANSE program;
- Provide overall support to project activities, specifically in developing all communication mechanisms and forums in close collaboration with the project’s senior management team;
- Be responsible for all the planning and implementation of all public and inter-stakeholder program events and communication forums.
- Highlight success stories and manage the projects communications initiatives to increase awareness of the AVANSE project.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with other projects, GOH and international agencies and other stakeholder organizations that are sources of information of interest to AVANSE.
- Collect, manage and disseminate technical information, field data and lessons learned from (and to) all project activities; ensuring relevant data is available for project staff.
- Advise Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party on ways to improve communications;
- Work closely with AVANSE staff to train them to produce compliant and high quality documents, reports, outputs:
- Build the capacity of local staff to understand reporting requirements and format;
- Design and deliver training for AVANSE staff as needed;
- Create the branding for and oversee production of all communication products produced by the project, including grantees;
- Undertake any other relevant tasks assigned by the Chief of Party and/or Deputy Chief of Party.
- At least five years of relevant work experience in communications, including reports writing and communications;
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality reports and other communication products, incorporate feedback from senior staff, and write and edit independently;
- Commitment to building capacity of local staff, including giving constructive feedback to local staff on their written products;
- Experience working with previous USAID projects;
- Excellent oral and written English skills and proficiency in French required;
- Knowledge of USAID branding guidelines and style manuals required;
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field; and
- Proficiency with MS Office, including MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with agricultural programs preferred;
- Experience working with local staff to build their capacity to write for reports and/or success stories preferred;
- knowledge of Haitian Creole is preferred.
Reporting: Reports to the Chief of Party or his designee.
Please, submit CVs via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: August 5, 2018.
Taleo link: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DAINC&cws=1&rid=3823
Jobpaw link: https://www.jobpaw.com/public/detailsjob.php?idjob=10425