Tetra Tech EC is a part of the Tetra Tech team and we offer site cleanup and restoration services to help our clients increase the value of their real property – whether for redevelopment, property transfer, or creating a healthier environment.
We are currently looking for a Hazardous Waste Specialist to join our team to work on domestic and international projects!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to other Environmental Response Site Teams (ERTs) and to assist with the investigation for the development of ESCS assessments.
- Responsible for the management of any Environmental Response Team (ERT) Transition Yards where control and treatment of Hazardous Waste is performed.
- Manage all aspects of hazardous material and waste storage, packaging, shipping, and disposal.
- Responsible for completing and submitting any necessary reports and paperwork.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner consistent with SOPs.
- Conduct routine inspections.
- Participate in routine safety briefings and meetings.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in hazardous materials management.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER.
- OSHA 8-hour Hazardous Waste Supervisor Certification.
- Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM) or Certified Hazardous Material Practitioner (CHMP) is preferred.
- Qualified or certifies to meet OSHA asbestos regulations for performing asbestos remediation activities to include encapsulation/closure, removal, or area extraction.
- Forklift, Licensed Backhoe, and/or Bobcat Operator experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel and work domestically and internationally for various periods of time.
- Must possess a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Must be eligible for a US Security Clearance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com for more information on our company and to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.