Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently looking for a Hazardous Waste Specialist to join our growing team to work on an international project in Afghanistan.
The Hazardous Waste Specialist is assigned within Afghanistan to augment existing military structure through provision to deal with regulated Hazardous Material and regulated Hazardous Waste as well as unregulated waste and materials of concern, spill response, fuel releases and environmental corrective action projects.
- Provide support to other Environmental Response Site Teams (ERTs) and to assist with the investigation for the development of ESCS assessments.
- Responsible for the management of any Environmental Response Team (ERT) Transition Yards where control and treatment of Hazardous Waste is performed.
- Manage all aspects of hazardous material and waste storage, packaging, shipping, and disposal.
- Responsible for completing and submitting any necessary reports and paperwork.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner consistent with SOPs.
- Conduct routine inspections.
- Participate in routine safety briefings and meetings.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in hazardous materials management.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER.
- OSHA 8-hour Hazardous Waste Supervisor Certification.
- Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM) or Certified Hazardous Material Practitioner (CHMP) is preferred.
- Qualified or certifies to meet OSHA asbestos regulations for performing asbestos remediation activities to include encapsulation/closure, removal, or area extraction.
- Forklift, Licensed Backhoe, and/or Bobcat Operator experience
- 4-hour DOT HazMat Basic General Awareness or the OSHA 4-hour First Responder Awareness.
- Ability to travel and work domestically and internationally for various periods of time.
- Must possess a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Must be eligible for a US Security Clearance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.