- Strategic Senior Leadership Role
- International Aid and Development Agency
- Drive Change and Innovation in Fundraising and Social Justice programs
- Sydney-based with regular travel within Australia
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Engagement and Sustainability is a member of the executive Leadership Team and is responsible for delivering Caritas Australia’s Fundraising, Sustainability and Social Justice programs. Key responsibilities include:
- Strengthening the national impact of Caritas Australia’s Fundraising programs and Social Justice and Ecological initiatives
- Empowering, motivating and inspiring staff and volunteers
- Actively developing positive relationships nationally with Catholic agencies, Dioceses, Parishes, corporate entities and schools and universities
Your Experience and Capabilities
Your senior management experience in managing people, programs and budgets will be highly valued along with your:
- Commitment to applying beliefs and values consistent with Catholic Social Teachings
- Proven track record in successfully managing Fundraising and Direct Marketing functions
- Capacity to develop strong and positive relationships with key stakeholders including Church leaders and heads of corporate agencies
- Excellent analytical, planning and strategic change management skills
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in an area such as business development, marketing or fundraising
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working with faith based agencies
To apply for this role and obtain a copy of the Position Description, visit www.caritas.org.au/jobs/positions-vacant, and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by cob on Thursday 21 June 2018
For further information contact Steve McNab on (02) 8306 3404. Applications must specify residency or work visa status, include a CV and a Cover Letter which includes responses to the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant Criminal Record Checks. Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
About the Organization
Caritas Australia is the Australian Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, our Mission is to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and development.