Kimetrica seeks qualified candidates for the position of Head of Contract Compliance, based in Washington, DC.
Kimetrica LLC (www.kimetrica.com) manages numerous complex contracts with USAID, DoD, and International Organizations in fragile states and high-risk environments. We are committed to the highest standards of compliance and integrity. Reporting to the CEO, the position is responsible for ensuring that Kimetrica is fully compliant with client contractual requirements, especially the stipulations of the FAR and AIDAR. You will evaluate all internal procedures and controls and implement fully compliant systems and processes. You will also be responsible for reviewing all contracts and for liaising with external counsel.
You are likely to have a JD, with a deep understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). You will be open-minded and analytical, enabling the company to navigate complex regulations in multiple jurisdictions, without compromising the timeliness and effectiveness of delivery. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to implement policies, procedures, and controls across multiple projects and countries. You will share Kimetrica’s mission of increasing the effectiveness of social spending and our deep commitment to protecting the security and privacy of our survey respondents.
Review and compliance monitoring on existing client contracts:
- Review all client contracts and advise on modifications as necessary;
- Ensure that Kimetrica project teams are compliant with ongoing contract stipulations on a continuous basis; and
- Provide timely advice for course correction in the event of contract delivery risks or non-compliance issues.
Manage corporate compliance processes:
- Stay up to date in changing regulatory environments pertaining to our clients and in our jurisdictions and ensure that our branches and offices are compliant;
- Keep fully up-to-date with the FAR, AIDAR and DFAR;
- Implement updates to corporate documentation and guidance;
- Conduct periodic internal process audits for critical systems; and
- Coach and train Kimetrica staff on compliance issues as required.
Review and formulate contracts, including:
- Subcontracts and partnership agreements for large projects;
- Employment and consulting contracts;
- Service Level Agreements and license agreements for software;
- contracts with suppliers;
- IRB applications for research projects; and
- Consent forms and agreements on data privacy.
Manage corporate legal risks and frameworks:
- With external counsel as required, evaluate, monitor and manage Kimetrica’s legal risks;
- Work with our software teams to ensure that personal data is always protected;
- Work with our research teams to implement the best practices in consent and protection for field work;
- Ensure the correct filings and compliance with the relevant company in various jurisdictions; and
- Provide initial legal opinions to the CEO as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- At least 5 years of legal / contract management experience with a compliance focus;
- Detailed applied knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations;
- Comfortable using a range of software tools;
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and/or managing contracts and/or other binding agreements;
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and follow through;
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to develop clear guidance; and
- Mature and effective communication skills and the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels and in a multicultural environment.
- JD preferred;
- Knowledge of intellectual property and software licensing;
- Knowledge of international norms and best practices relating to personal data collection and utilization;
- Experience with research and evaluation, including knowledge of IRB processes; and
- Ideally, training and coaching skills.
- Competitive salary;
- Generous benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match, significant vacation, holiday and sick leave); and
- Dynamic, innovative and highly committed work environment focused on making a positive impact.
Please send an electronic version of your CV and cover letter with “Head of Contract Compliance” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 3, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About the Organization
Kimetrica is a social enterprise with a mission to increase the effectiveness of spending in the social sector. We help international organizations, governments, and nonprofits to increase the impact and efficiency of their social investments, enhance accountability, manage critical risks, and build donor and taxpayer confidence.
Our services extend from major project evaluations to the provision of early warning services and monitoring the political, social and economic conditions in fragile states. Our analyses inform multi-million dollar policy and project design decisions, often in life-threatening humanitarian situations.