Head of Credit and Investment Risk, Assistant CRO
The successful candidate will lead the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank’s (AIIB) Credit and Investment Risk function. AIIB’s loan and equity portfolio continues to grow, and the Head of Credit and Investment Risk, Assistant CRO, will act as a second pair of eyes in a critical function to assure the soundness and financial sustainability of AIIB’s operational portfolio. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), the Head of Credit and Investment Risk, Assistant CRO will guide the further direction and growth of the credit function in line with AIIB’s risk management framework and risk appetite statement. Further, the successful candidate is expected to act as deputy to the CRO.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in strengthening the credit and equity culture within AIIB. As such, the Head of Credit and Investment Risk, Assistant CRO will lead the dissemination of expertise and lessons through knowledge management activities and business process improvements.
- Lead the management of credit and other investment risks (including structured finance and equities) as a second Line of Defense (2. LOD) function for both new and existing investments.
- Approve credit decisions at DG level in accordance with risk credit policies.
- Lead the sovereign rating process.
- Advise Senior Management on credit issues.
- Manage and expand a team of highly motivated credit and equity risk professionals.
- Ensure that AIIB’s risk appetite statement is implemented and a proper risk reward balance is achieved in transactions.
- Ensure best practice due diligence and supervision in close collaboration with the Investment Operations Department.
- Guide the further development of credit policies, processes and procedures in line with industry standards to facilitate AIIB’s growth.
- Partner with Investment Operations’ leadership in strategy development and delivery.
- Guide the development of AIIB’s internal credit academy.
- Closely monitor AIIB’s business activities at the transaction level and initiate possible actions to minimize potential loss to AIIB.
- Minimum 20 years of relevant professional experience in global financial institution(s) and multilateral development bank(s) and experience in a senior leadership position. Familiarity with the economies of AIIB’s members would be an advantage.
- Substantial experience paired with strong business acumen in managing credit and other investment risks in emerging markets, in particular thorough understanding of analysis, structuring and documentation of debt, equity, mezzanine and structured products.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant policies, processes, operating procedures and systems; experience in risk control processes and systems in complex global financial services settings.
- Highest standards of integrity.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts constructively when stakes are high and multiple stakeholders are involved with conflicting interests.
- Exceptional results achievement and problem-solving skills.
- Strong managerial and excellent interpersonal skills in managing a diverse workforce (team).
- Master’s degree or above in risk management, finance or other related fields from a reputable university.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the staff level at which an applicant will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
We are the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we commenced operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 100 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors today, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.