Looking to work with internationally minded professionals that share the same sense of purpose and passion of improving the world through education? If so, then the International Baccalaureate® (IB) may have the ideal opportunity for you! The IB is a leading global not-for-profit educational organization that offers curriculum and assessment to almost 5,000 schools worldwide to children aged 3-19, as well as comprehensive professional development support for schools and educators.
Our educational programs encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate, and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
We’re seeking talented individuals who thrive in a global and dynamic environment with great benefits and opportunities for career growth and development. This is the place where your ideas are welcome and global perspectives are encouraged.
The IB has 5 offices in 3 continents and employs people from over 50 nationalities. Working across a diverse and culturally rich organisation, requires an internationally minded person who can contribute sound experience in developing new systems and services to support our stakeholders worldwide.
In order to continue to grow, support its diverse set of stakeholders around the globe and remain competitive, there is a need for the next step in the digital transformation. Therefore, the IB has decided to set up a new multidisciplinary hub within the organization, the Core Digital Applications Team (CDAT). In order to set up the IB as a leading digital organisation, this new group will have as main goals:
- Creating a smart looking front end used by international teachers, schools and IB leads. With a true/secure cloud solution with end-to-end data and application integration.
- Developing applications and transparent data access methodologies for end-users. Using cloud and user centric interface.
- Secure and Intuitive user interface design with intelligent input process
The Head of Digital Products and Services who will help set up and lead this department.
He/she influences change in the way the organisation moves into the future, using digital technology to best serve its customers. With the change comes a shift in mindset, and the Head of Digital must make sure to bring all stakeholders on board and imbed a strong digital strategy into the organisation’s culture.
The Head of Digital will play a leadership role advising all functions on execution, planning, and optimization of the digital strategy. He/ she must have the mindset to see what needs to be done and make the necessary changes, co-creating solutions with internal teams and external stakeholders. Furthermore he/ she owns and is accountable for all the digital applications currently used by the IB, and he/ she must make sure they are adapting to user’s needs moving forward.
The goals & responsibilities include:
- Set the new digital strategy and apply expertise in digital technologies to ensure that the IB’s digital strategy is embedded in the organisation
- Set up a Customer Experience strategy for the end customers and align with internal & external stakeholders to realize and improve the strategy
- Develop new digital applications that are user-centric and offer a globally consistent customer experience; Develop a deep understanding of customer’s needs, drivers and challenges including customer research groups and their involvement in the IB’s products and services
- Act as a bridge between the technical team and the end user. Ensure that the applications are being well received and deliver the required services
- Develop digital product roadmaps and digital product reports to pinpoint any issues and work towards a solution
- Collaborate with and influence senior leaders, product managers, developers, vendors, designers and other stakeholders to ensure successful product strategies and product/ feature launches
- Build the team; Create a strong Employee Value Proposition to attract the right kind of multi -disciplinary professionals to the team; Guide the team with strategic and innovative thinking in digital product and service solutions, as well as implementing data-driven methodologies to optimize digital experiences
- Develop best-in- class processes to collect data, member feedback, derive insights, and co- ordinate successful ideas through to a data driven conclusion. Use a range of collaborative techniques including rapid ideation sessions, data analytics, focus groups, workshops, rapid prototyping, minimal viable products, etc.
- Create conditions to succeed by empowering the team, providing timely coaching and feedback, and facilitating professional development and challenging opportunities. Build a keen sense of camaraderie and passion for creating a 21st Century IB experience for all stakeholders.
People respect you as an inspirational leader, you are an energetic personality who can motivate and create movement in an organization. You provide gateways to ensure success, you are analytical and have strong problem solving skills. You bring a tolerance for chaotic thinking and you dare to make tough and bold decisions. You are someone that challenges the
status quo with a creative, out-of-the box thinking and excellent communication skills. You bring a humble personality focused on listening what is needed to help the organization. In your previous multinational experience you have grown, trained, and managed a high-performing team.
Specific requirements for this role include:
- Master’s degree in Computer or Data Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline
- 10 + more years of progressive relevant business experience, including 5 or more years in a leadership function, in the digital space
- Experience in Global organisations, B2B and B2C organisations, or in start-ups
- Proven track record of setting up customer centric strategies in the services industry
- Have deep knowledge and passion around emerging digital technologies and their potential to change consumer products business and commerce
- Working knowledge of large scale eCommerce & digital marketing solutions is highly desirable along with proven experience in delivering innovative solutions from visioning to execution in an agile and iterative manner
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking and a proven track record of driving results to enable business success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including strengths in meeting objectives through influence, facilitation, leadership, negotiation and team building
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong experience in software product and project management; lead teams to build and deliver applications using Agile methodology and CI/CD principles in large scale global on/offshore model.
- Ability to develop solutions to enable move towards an Omni-channel experience; interact and integrate with analytics and big-data solutions to extract the right insights
- Experience developing focused solutions through small incubation teams to bring the power of APIs, services and analytics to drive innovation
- Demonstrated solid business acumen combined with strong technical foundations
- Tech savvy and very forward thinking, a visionary with a digital mindset who can realise concepts into concrete actions and manage the organisational change necessary to carry out those actions
- A hands-on, team player who can deal with a lot of freedom and give the team, space to create innovative frameworks so that results are achieved
Please apply via the ‘Apply’ button.