Job DescriptionBased in Victoria, London
2-year fixed term; Full Time
Salary up to £61,000 gross per annum
Plus Civil Service Pension Benefit
Flexible working available
Main Purpose of the Role
A key deliverable for the Head of Finance – Operations will be the implementation of a new finance system. The system will require scoping and design in collaboration with the Head of Finance – Corporate and Programmes and the wider WFD team. The Head of Finance – Operations will lead on the tender, selection and successful implementation of the system, including comprehensive training and support for all users of the system.
In addition, the Head of Finance - Operations is responsible for the WFD’s operational finance function, including overseeing the Finance Manager’s function, ensuring WFD is compliant with statutory reporting requirements, and leading on the statutory audit. The Head of Finance – Operations ensures that WFD’s financial resources are spent with regularity and propriety as required by HM Treasury financial management guidance, and that WFD complies with relevant statutory provisions.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
• Proven track record of leading a finance team (within an international organisation – desirable)
• Experience of supporting change in an organisation (international – desirable), including developing and implementing new finance systems and processes
• Highly proficient in the use of recognised financial accounting software
• Strong control and accounting technical skills, including (managing and automation of) business information and reporting, balance sheet management, year-end audit and reporting process, tax and other accounting compliance matters
• Experience of working with internal and external auditors including implementation of agreed recommendations
• Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and ability to apply new developments in accounting and to acquire new knowledge independently
• Advanced level Microsoft Excel
Please note this statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract.
This is a UK based role and therefore the successful candidate must have eligibility to work in the UK.
How to apply
If interested in this role send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 23:59 (GMT) 19th August 2018. Please clearly reference in your cover letter your relevant skills and experience for this post.
For full details of the role criteria and instructions for how to apply for this position, please visit WFD website at:
Please note: Due to the volume of application we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
About the OrganizationWestminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is a public body sponsored by the UK Government responsible for supporting the establishment of effective multi-party democracy in developing countries.
Since 1992, we provide training, technical support and enable the exchange of knowledge between the institutions of the UK and those of partner countries.
WFD works in partnership with UK political parties and parliamentary, electoral and civil society institutions. We are implementing programmes in over 30 countries, through a global network of over 20 local offices.
WFD is the main organisation to train and deploy UK election monitors to European Union and OSCE/ODIHR election observation missions.
More information can be found on www.wfd.org