People in Need is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2018, more than 1300 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Section in 22 countries (Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague (with turnover of more than 38 million EUR per year) is looking for a new colleague to become Head of Logistics to cover for a maternity leave.
The role is a replacement for the maternity leave with expected duration from April 2019 to January 2021. The line manager is the Director of Relief and Developmental Department (RDD) and the role is directly managing team of 6 people and working closely with Director of Finance and Compliance, Regional Heads of Systems and Operations. All these colleagues are based in Prague. The team supports logistic processes both in Prague and in our Country Programmes.
Starting date: ASAP
Contract: Czech employment contract with termination date (April 2019 – January 2021)
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Country programs (CP) support
- Procurement (support, training, advisory)
- Logistics operations (namely stock management, fleet, insurance, fixed assets)
- International travel arrangements
- Capacity development of logistics and procurement staff
- Developing and implementing logistics support systems (stock tracking, fleet management, procurement, quality control)
- Travelling to countries to perform trainings or logistics audits
- Headquarter (HQ) support
- Procurement and office management
- International travel arrangements for all travelling staff,
- Stock management: visibility material, emergency equipment, communication, IT
- Management of insurance policies and liabilities including crisis management relating to RDD
- Taking part in wider circle of RDD management
- Regular communication with management in order to identify problems, gaps, inconsistencies in processes relating to logistics and procurement in countries, and providing support to solve them
- Supervising and taking part in developing/improving of existing processes, innovations and guidance relating to logistics (HQ or CPs) with respect to other agendas (finance, programme, central operations)
FOR THIS POSITION WE CONSIDER IMPORTANT:
- Experience in logistics at least 3 years
- Previous engagement in non-governmental sector, ideally as logistician
- Team management
- Excellent spoken and written English (minimum level B2)
- Willingness to travel to our Country Programmes for short terms
- Experience with being deployed in the missions is a big advantage (or professional experience in developing countries)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Background and professionalism of the Czech largest non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Starting salary in the range 35 000 - 43 000 CZK
- People in Need is encouraging professional development and participation in trainings in Czech Republic and abroad
- 25 days of annual leave
- Home office upon agreement
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
- Child and dog friendly office
How to Apply:
Kindly send us your cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout the 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectivity both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe.