The Research, Monitoring and Evaluation (RME) practice leads Aktis’ work on developing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems as well as research, with a focus on good quality research methods, to pursue more evidence-based approaches for our programmes.
The Head of M&E, Iraq, will oversee and be accountable for the monitoring and evaluation services for all Aktis programmes in Iraq.
They will be responsible for the following aspects:
- Other ad hoc
Timelines and commitment to the position
The Head of M&E, Iraq, will work on a rotation period, in-country, in coordination with the M&E coordinators. This senior-level position within the RME practice is expected to contribute at least 12-18 months towards the programmes in Iraq after which they will have the option to move to other regions, still working within the RME practice area.
You will be an experienced technical M&E specialist and/or manager, excited by the opportunity to contribute to a progressive practice at Aktis. You will also:
- Have at least 6 years of M&E experience with demonstrable experience designing innovative M&E approaches for programmes in conflict countries
- Have experience designing M&E frameworks for programmes that focus on communications as well as institutional change
- Have experience working with clients/donors to communicate programme achievements and learning
- Have experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Be experienced at implementing and managing M&E projects in conflict countries
- Have a successful track of record building internal relationships, servicing client requests, and be interested to lead and train a dynamic team
- Understand donor policy agendas and programme priorities, and have a successful track record working with UK, US, EU and / or UN donors to develop and implement programme ideas
- Be able to travel extensively to conflict states
For the full job description and application link click on ‘Apply’.
About the Organization
Aktis Strategy is an organisation led by some of the world’s foremost consultant practitioners in problem-solving for fragile and conflict-affected countries. With knowledge and expertise across the spectrum of security sector reform, governance, justice/rule of law, conflict management and countering extremism, Aktis specialises in devising, managing and evaluating complex programmes to address challenging political and institutional problems. Recent field operations have been conducted in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Somalia, and Tunisia. More information is available at the Aktis website, www.aktisstrategy.com.