Head of Marketing and Communications is a critical role that operates as the lead for Proximity Designs’ newest team. This means working closely with Proximity’s leadership team to bring creative and brand excellence through strategic, innovative communications. You will oversee all external and internal marketing and communications initiatives. You will build and maintain Proximity’s reputation among its multiple audiences: customers (farmers), the international and Yangon community, and employees. As the team’s leader, you will build the team’s capacity and give them the tools, and inspire them, to deliver great work. This is a dynamic role for someone with strong marketing and communications experience to foster a team. You will wear many hats, as you will oversee projects ranging: strategic planning, marketing, PR, social media and internal communications.
Meet Your Team
Marketing and Communications uses strategic, innovative communications to deliver brand excellence. The team works together to create content and marketing materials across all business units. Storytelling is at the heart of what we do, driven by strong narrative, empathy and human connection. We are strategists, writers, photographers and graphic designers that collaborate to tell these stories across the teams.
What You Will Do
- Manage a brand new, growing Marketing and Communications team, including shaping its vision and capacity building of staff (estimated 8-14 members)
- Develop marketing and communications strategy and oversee implementation for Proximity Designs and business units
- Steer Proximity’s brand narrative across all plans and activities, and identify opportunities for thought leadership
- Lead crisis communications preparedness and issues management; developing organizationwide structures and messaging
- Understand market trends and customer values in order to extract insights from best practices
- Create structures and workflows that enhance daily team operations, including a processdriven partnership with Creative Services
- Manage the department’s budget
Is this you?
- You have at least 6 years of work experience in marketing and/or communications.
- You are committed to leading and developing a team of marketing and communications professionals.
- You are detail-oriented and an excellent communicator, both written and oral.
- You possess the traits of any successful brand marketer: adaptability, empathy for your audience, strong ability to learn and work in teams.
- You are interested in having a key role in an organization that impacts Myanmar’s local communities.
- You are proficient in English.
- Bonus: You have crisis management, internal communications and/or social media strategy experience.
How to Apply. If you’re ready to bring your leadership and unique strengths to help create a bold and abundant future for millions of rural people, send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. This position is based in Yangon, Myanmar.
About the Organization
Proximity Designs is an internationally recognized social enterprise designing and marketing innovative products and services for people in rural Myanmar. We offer products and services in the areas of agriculture, renewable energy, and financial services that are affordable and boost household productivity and incomes. Since launching in 2004, we’ve grown to cover 80% of Myanmar’s rural market and serve over 100,000 customers each year.