Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) is an integral part of ARK’s programming. We deliver regular M&E activities across all our programming, even in the most complex environments, allowing us to ensure project decision-making is evidence-based and informed.
ARK is looking to recruit a Head of M&E to oversee design, monitoring, evaluation and learning processes across the company, to ensure high quality delivery and drive innovation. The Head of M&E will manage other senior M&E staff across the company and be responsible for the high-quality delivery of their outputs as well as departmental professional development.
The Head of M&E will also drive innovation and learning across the company, both in terms of new project design and the group’s approach to M&E. This will include contributing to the group’s overall and country-level strategies and implementing new approaches and programming styles where possible. The Head of M&E will also liaise with clients and other relevant stakeholders in the industry, and represent ARK externally at conferences and through relevant publications.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Support the development of ARK M&E department by recruiting and/or working on the professional development of staff already in place;
- Provide on-going sensitisation and support across other departments in the group to ensure all staff have a relevant knowledge of M&E, and apply this across their separate functions as necessary;
- Manage the information management staff and support the integration of this workstream across the M&E department;
- Design and implement systems to increase learning across delivery, and the integration of learning into ongoing delivery;
- Validate high-level reporting/publications from the M&E department, through expert oversight and/or support during report development by other staff;
- Support bid writing with innovative M&E approaches and methodologies;
- Attend client and other relevant stakeholder meetings;
- Ensure full suite of M&E documentation is in place across all projects; provide relevant capacity building and support where relevant;
- Identify key thematic areas for further exploration at project level and support staff to develop these workstreams.
- 10-15 years progressive experience in M&E managerial/ senior roles;
- Proven experience managing M&E components/activities across multi-year, complex projects across a variety of sectors;
- Proven experience managing multi-national teams across different offices;
- Extensive experience delivering various types of monitoring activities, assessments and evaluations, including in Fragile and Conflicted-Affected States and complex programming environments;
- Demonstrable experience of client-facing work, including awareness of multi-donor reporting requirements and interests;
- Experience delivering work remotely/semi-remotely from either team or area of intervention;
- Master’s degree (or relevant professional experience) in social sciences, international affairs, development studies, psychology or similar;
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative research skills;
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite;
- Native or near-native written and spoken English;
- Innovative thinker & problem solver;
- Willingness and flexibility to travel regionally (MENA) and internationally (30% travel involved in role).
- DESIRABLE SKILLS:
- Other language competencies (Arabic, French);
- Demonstrated competency in gender programming and/or mainstreaming gender in programming;
- In-depth knowledge of the MENA region;
- Other areas of programming expertise (e.g. protection, capacity building, youth empowerment);
- Knowledge of communications theory and practice and/or psychology;
- Expertise in relevant software (SPSS, Arc GIS, InDesign, Tableau).
About the Organization
ARK is a research, conflict transformation and stabilisation consultancy that supports local communities in conflict and fragile areas. We believe that international stability, national security, community safety and individual empowerment are intrinsically linked.
As a team at ARK, we partner with local stakeholders to provide insight and develop programmes that are of immediate, tangible assistance to conflict-affected communities. Many of our staff are drawn from partner communities, hence ARK’s commitment to and understanding of conflict zones. ARK has ongoing programming in communities across the Middle East.