* Manage planning and implementation of all key activities at the sub-office level ensuring alignment with Country Program (CP) and agency strategic programming and operations excellence priorities and standards. Approve expenses, monitor spending, and make budget adjustments in line with operational and programmatic needs and donor requirements.
* Serve as the security focal point. Proactively manage security and mitigate security risks. Ensure a safe work and living environment through leading implementation of safety and security protocols and staff care and well-being best practices.
* Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity. Contribute to staffing plans and recruitment process of senior staff.
* As the primary representative of CRS in Kalemie (Tanganyika), strengthen existing and develop new relationships with local partners, government and community organizations.
* Proactively and effectively manage resources and promote stewardship, ensuring program and operations teams and partner staff have and optimize the appropriate human, financial, and material resources and tools.
* Ensure high-quality project implementation, management, and compliance with programmatic standards, policies and procedures through project review systems and quality control (comprehensive M&E systems, budget review and analysis). Promote documentation of program reviews, success stories, and lessons learned
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in Business Administration, International Relations, or relevant field required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
* Minimum of 5 years work experience in a non-profit, development, and/or humanitarian organization with progressive responsibilities and some project management experience. Experience with an international organization a plus.
* Experience working with projects funded by multiple public donors, including USAID.
* Experience in stakeholder management and establishing and strengthening community partnerships.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Knowledge of procurement and general office administrative/management issues
* Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information management systems.
* Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
* Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Team leadership abilities
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
* Able to live in an environment where everyday comforts may not be readily available.
* Language: French and English required
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Travel Required (20%)
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Operation Manager
Internal: Country Representative, Deputy country representatives, Head of Operations, Emergency Coordinator, PM DRIVE, Supply Chain advisor, DRIVE programmatic and operation team and Kinshasa-based operations.
External: Government officials, Church, Local/international NGO, and UN agencies operating in the project area.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.