Job Title: Head of Office - Yumbe
Reports To: Sr. Program Manager for Emergencies (Kampala-based)
The Yumbe Head of Office will manage, provide technical oversight, and represent Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) activities from the fully operational sub-office in Yumbe to ensure implementation of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Based in Yumbe, the Head of Office will lead the development of future emergency proposals, ensuring activities are innovative and meet the demonstrated needs of the host and refugee community.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, or another relevant field.
* Minimum of 5 years work experience in an international non-profit, development, and/or humanitarian organization with progressive responsibilities and project management experience. Preferable to have no less than 3 years working in a refugee/emergency context.
* Experience working with projects funded by multiple public donors, including UNHCR.
* Experience in stakeholder management and establishing and strengthening community partnerships.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Knowledge of procurement and general office administrative/management issues
* Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information management systems.
* Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
* Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Team leadership abilities
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
* Able to live in an environment where everyday comforts may not be readily available.
Travel Required 25% of the time
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
* Communicates strategically under pressure
* Manages stress and complexity
* Actively promotes safety and security
* Manages and implements high-quality emergency programs
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.