The Head of Operations position based in Madagascar is an exciting opportunity to support a highly skilled operations team supporting a diverse portfolio of emergency and development programs from a variety of donors. The Head of Operations oversees the Procurement, Admin, Fleet, Human Resources and Commodity teams. CRS Madagascar also has 3 sub-offices and works with church partners in many locations around the island. The HoOPs helps to lead the effort to build capacity of these local partners as well as CRS staff managing our sub-office operations.
Reports To: Country Representative
Country/Location: Madagascar, Antananarivo
As a member of the Country Program’s (CP) Senior Management Team, you will provide leadership and management of the operational functions - Finance, Human Resources (HR), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Administration, Information and Communication Technology, Security and Compliance- in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will promote stewardship of resources, ensure principled compliance, proactively manage risk, and lead operational improvements. As part of the Senior Management Team you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Master’s degree in International Development, Business Administration, Finance or relevant field required.
* Minimum of 5 years work experience in a management position with progressive responsibilities. Experience with an international NGO and experience outside country of origin preferred.
* Additional experience may substitute for some education; additional education may substitute for some experience.
* Understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget/expense analysis experience. Knowledge of SunSystems and Vision accounting software or similar financial reporting software highly preferred.
* Knowledge of multiple public donors’ regulations, including USAID, highly preferred.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Knowledge of procurement and office administration/management issues.
* Ability to represent the agency at high levels
* Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
* Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
* Strong relations management abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
* Team leadership abilities
* Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language
* French Fluency
* English Fluency
Travel Required: 25% to support sub-offices and church partners
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Finance,Admin, Procurement, Fleet, Commodities, Human Resources and ICT
Internal: Head of Programs, Deputy Head of Programs, Chief of Party, SARO DRD MQ, Heads of Office, Awards Management Officer
External: US donor agencies, church partners, UN agencies
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Trusting Relationships
* Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.