The Head of Portfolio Risk Management & Reporting is responsible for coordinating the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank’s (AIIB) risk policies, overseeing AIIB’s overall credit portfolio risks as well as reporting. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the successful candidate will lead the expansion of the risk management policy framework and strengthening of portfolio risk management capacities to support AIIB’s ambitious growth plans in its loan program and expanded product range.
- Lead the Portfolio Risk Management Team.
- Lead the further development of the risk management policy framework and risk architecture based on best practice and state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Further expand the portfolio risk management capacities including active risk management tools.
- Coordinate with the quantitative analyst team for stress testing exercises.
- Lead IFRS9 expected credit loss determination.
- Serve as the secretariat of the Risk Committee.
- Apply relevant standards and principles of the Basel Committee.
- Coordinate closely with other risk functions.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in global financial institution(s) and/or multilateral development bank(s).
- Experience with corporate risk management issues.
- Strong theoretical foundation and familiarity with quantitative tools and methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to build effective teams.
- Ability to effectively represent the Risk Management Department internally and externally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and tactfully to a variety of audiences within and outside AIIB.
- Ability to play an active role in knowledge sharing.
- Demonstrated team and leadership skills.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work within tight deadlines.
- Master’s degree in finance, statistics or equivalent degree.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 93 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.