You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the Country Program (CP) Resiliency programming, ensuring effective systems and processes, particularly for large and complex projects, are in place that support high-quality programming, organizational learning, innovation, and growth advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your exemplary management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its Resiliency programming.
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight of all new and existing projects within the CP Resiliency Department throughout the project cycle to ensure project design, start-up, implementation and close-out are in line with CRS quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices. Ensure integration of innovations and best practices in the health program portfolio.
- Lead the development of program learning documents, identify opportunities for learning, research and publications in the area of Resiliency. Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda.
- Contribute to the proactive pursuit of opportunities for new funding to ensure growth of the CP Resiliency sector portfolio in line with agency, regional, and CP strategic priorities. Serve as the technical lead and technical writer to ensure quality proposals in Resiliency per agency and donor standards and achievement of growth targets. Contribute to budgeting and staffing plans and activities for proposals.
- Manage technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities for staff and partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact. Identify trainings, develop curriculums, and deliver trainings.
- Effectively manage talent and project resources for Resiliency. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports. Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
- Ensure accurate reporting procedures and timely submission of reports to relevant stakeholders (CP managers, Regional Office, HQ, donors, local government) to ensure compliance with CRS and donor regulations and requirements for financial accountability and project reporting for Resiliency.
- Network and represent the organization on CP Resiliency related matters as needed at forums with donors, local Church and government officials, representatives of peer organizations, other local and international development agencies. Cultivate and strengthen key partnerships, maintain open communication with key stakeholders, and undertake advocacy work to promote the CRS agenda.
- Supervision of 2-5 staff as the program develops as well as oversight of consultants
- Close collaboration with the Head of Office in Les Cayes and Jeremie and other Head of Sectors managing programs in Les Cayes to provide support and ensure consistency.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, or in a relevant field for Resiliency.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in program/project management with an international NGO, with at least 2-3 years working in the area of Resiliency or related fields.
- Strong experience in project grants management, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, such as USAID or EU.
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality technical proposals.
- Experience in building and motivating diverse and talented teams.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language: French, Haitian Creole a plus
Travel Required: up-to 25%
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Resiliency program staff (2-5 people)
Internal: HoP, Head of Offices Les Cayes & Jeremie, Programming team, Operations team, CR
External: Donors, resiliency sector and related sector stakeholders, partners and potential partners, Government of Haiti, particularly Ministry of Interior, USAID, UN agencies
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Competencies Relevant for the Specific Position (include those that are applicable):
- Builds and leads effective teams
- Supervises and Develops Program Staff
- Focuses on Quality
- Leads Growth in programs
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer