GGGI is now hiring a seasoned professional who is passionate about building an extraordinary organization that continues to drive innovation in accelerating green growth worldwide.
Based in Seoul and under the general supervision of the Director ofof Strategy, Partnership and Communications, the Head of Strategy will play a key role in shaping GGGI’s ambition to be outcomes-driven, evidence-based, and measurement-focused in its delivery.
The post holder is responsible for the day-to-day management of the responsibilities of the Strategy Unit including substantially contributing to the design, management and oversight/reporting of the GGGI Strategic Plan and Corporate Results Framework (CRF).
The position will bring perceptive and innovative thinking - responsive to the evolving environment - to the strategic development and relevance of GGGI’s portfolio, and to collaborate cross-functionally to ensure effective implementation/uptake of organizational strategic agenda/priorities.
* Leads change management, innovation and long-range strategic planning initiatives as assigned by the Director-General;
* Manages the Strategy Unit and leads the process in preparing corporate-level reporting, in close coordination with the other relevant divisions;
* Provides advisory and specialized technical support on the strategic direction.
The Head of Strategy will ensure cooperation with relevant divisions/functions to achieve, inter alia, the following:
* Integrates lessons learned (through the ongoing review of Strategic Plan 2015-2020) to ensure effective change management as required in adapting GGGI’s tactical strategies to evolving circumstances;
* Ensures dialogue with core donors and key stakeholders are captured and integrated within organizational reporting needs (systems, policies, and processes) while managing “client” expectations;
* Provides managerial direction, guidance and leadership to staff, and provide performance feedback and coaching to staff under supervision;
* Provides strategic and technical support of GGGI’s engagement in the international fora such that it reflects innovative and coherent policy and programmatic positions in relation to the climate and green growth agenda, as well as development of GGGI’s regional strategies.
The Head of Strategy will be required to go beyond established procedures and practices, introduce, design and implement strategic innovations and change management approaches:
* Provides specialized technical support to the Director General on strategic areas including programming and management operations and identify areas for divisional action and/or decision.
* Leads the process of reviews of the Strategic Plan and related updates to the Corporate Results Framework.
* Leads the process of preparing the next Strategic Plan 2021-2025 and designing mechanisms for ensuring accountability in organizational monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
* Leads process of preparing strategic and concise reporting of GGGI corporate results (CRF) to GGGI Council, one that reflects a “ONE GGGI” approach among country teams, units and divisions.
* Identifies emerging business opportunities, and strategic priorities and collaborate with relevant divisions to translate these into GGGI’s service offerings.
* Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience that combines intellectual and managerial leadership in strategic planning, change management and process design/improvement, with a strong focus in the area(s) of sustainable development, climate change, management consulting for non-profits, preferably at the international level.
* Master’s degree in relevant fields in international development, public policy, environmental studies, economics, or other relevant social science field.
* Experience of strategic planning
* Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential
* Excellent knowledge of results-based management, programming and practical application of Theory of Change methodology at the corporate level
* Proven experience and knowledge on design and formulation of corporate results framework, and good understanding of donor reporting requirements
* Experience with process improvement and process management
* Strong analytical skills of qualitative and quantitative data
GGGI needs a person who can bring more than knowledge and passion to the role: someone who has the grit and resilience to do this work. The successful candidate is a skillful coach with an ability to diagnose challenges in an organization and a team, an innovator, a decision-maker, a powerful advocate, and a diplomatic change agent who understands the dynamics and tensions in this kind of diverse, global landscape.
S/he should also possess:
* Proven ability to go beyond established procedures and practices to implement change management approaches and strategic innovations
* Outstanding leadership, managerial and organizational skills and facilitating a collaborative team culture
* Ability to translate complicated concepts into concise messaging
* Strong experience with complex internal change initiatives and ability to manage teams to collaborate effectively to advance organizational competencies