Job Title: Head of Office
Reports To: Country Representative
Country/Location: Sudan – West and/or Central Darfur
Manage and represent Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) activities operating through its fully operational sub-office in West/Central Darfur to ensure implementation of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Out of the West/Central Darfur sub-offices you will ensure the development and effective management of operational systems and resources and the delivery of high-quality programming in coordination with the CRS main office in Khartoum.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in Business Administration, International Relations, or relevant field required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
* Minimum of 5 years work experience in a non-profit, development, and/or humanitarian organization with progressive responsibilities and some project management experience. Experience with an international organization a plus.
* Experience working with projects funded by multiple public donors, including USAID, DFID, and UN agencies.
* Experience in stakeholder management and establishing and strengthening community partnerships.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Knowledge of procurement and general office administrative/management issues
* Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information management systems.
* Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
* Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Team leadership abilities
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
* Able to live in an environment where everyday comforts may not be readily available.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
* Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing ability) required; Arabic speaking and reading capability will be an added plus.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Field Head of Operations /Area managers
Internal: CR/Head of Operations/Head of Programs/ Emergency Coordinator/ Operations Manager/ Finance Manager.
External: GOS (HAC/ Security / State Governments) UN Agencies/ INGOs / Local entities.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Trusting Relationships
* Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Location: Sudan - - West/Central Darfur