People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive past experiences and lessons learned across development, emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming. Active in Cambodia since 2008, PIN Cambodia is considered to have some of the most cutting edge innovative programs in Cambodia. PIN Cambodia focuses our work on four thematic areas Disaster Management, Livelihood & Environment, Maternal Child Health, Habitat Advancement (Urban Poverty Reduction). Key current and past donors include ECHO, EC, USAID-OFDA, DAI, AVSF, UNICEF, WFP, SDC, New Zealand MFAT, and the Czech Development Agency.
For projects in Cambodia please see more at https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/what-we-do/humanitarian-aid-and-development/cambodia
Start date: April - May 2019
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Responsibility for overall country program economy (preparation of operational budget and its regular update, proper budgeting, cash flow and cost efficiency monitoring, FX rate risk, etc.)
- Ensuring that PIN accounting practices, financial procedures and processes are in place
- Supervision of the compliance of the processes and documentation with the local legal and administrative measures, with donors’ regulations and PIN internal rules
- Responsibility for the financial and project reporting to the donors and HQ
- Overall responsibility for accurate, punctual and complete accounting data
- Working closely with Program teams on project financial management and other related financial issues
- Supervision, coordination and overseeing of logistics, office management and procurement in all sectors, including logistics budgets and planning
- Supervision, coordination and overseeing of HR agendas
- Responsibility for correct use of financial/administrative management systems and provision of training and support to all staff
- Key role in annual and project audits
- Local team management (approx. 11 national staff) and capacity building based on personal development plans
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and under pressure
- Responsible and systematic
- Experience managing systems, logistics, administration and HR would be welcomed
- Previous work with international NGO at country level is welcomed
- Previous work experience with finance management of projects funded by international donors
- Experience with team management and supervision
- Advanced level of English spoken and written
- Great communication skills
- Working experience with an accounting and economic software
- Knowledge of principles of double-entry accounting
- Cultural sensitivity, experience with development projects/international work experience is strongly welcome
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Logistics, Public Administration, Law, or a related discipline
- Possibility to work in a well-established and locally recognized NGO
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work
- Salary according to PIN salary scale
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel medical insurance
- Housing allowance of 400 USD / month
- 25 days of paid leave per year
Kindly send us your CV (no more than 4 pages) and a short cover letter in English.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout the 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectivity both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe.