The project supports the Bolivian partners with improving climate-adapted water management systems for human settlements in order to increase drinking water supply security while aligning Bolivian water policy with the goals of the Agenda 2030 and Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs). This includes (1) providing support with improving wastewater management and sanitation services, (2) strengthening capacities to increase drinking water supply security in selected cities and (3) expanding vocational education and training in the water sector. The latter includes advising selected educational institutions on implementing new education and training offers, introducing mixed theoretical and practical vocational education and training (dual VET) for young sectoral experts and certifying competencies in the sector.
- Responsibility for steering and for the technical, content-related and organisational implementation of the ‘technical and vocational education and training (TVET) in the water sector’ component
- Ensuring effective communication and management with the partner and implementing institutions at national and local level and the coherence of the advisory services for the stakeholders involved
- Providing advice for developing mixed theoretical and practical (dual) vocational education and training for the Bolivian water sector
- Providing support in developing and institutionalising short, tailored educational services and in-service training
- Ensuring professional and methodological skills and quality and knowledge management of vocational education and training in the sector
- Coordinating and managing national experts as well as development worker assignments and the assignments of cooperating specialist institutions in the component
- University degree in educational sciences (vocational education and training), water management (for human settlements) or environmental/engineering sciences
- Many years of professional experience in vocational education and training, capacity development and with accreditation and certification procedures in the TVET sector
- Many years of experience working on development cooperation projects, ideally in the water sector and in Latin America
- Expertise in process and organisational advice in vocational education and training in the infrastructure sectors and cross-sectoral advisory processes (water, climate, urban development, etc.)
- Knowledge of curriculum development and digital applications in vocational education and training
- Broad general understanding of current vocational education strategies
- Business fluency in English and Spanish; knowledge of German would be an advantage
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Bolivia.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. There are no special restrictions to freedom of movement in the working environment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Application Deadline: 11.08.2020
The job is suitable for full-time or part-time employment.
You must be prepared to make regular business trips within Bolivia.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
The requirement for the contract to take effect is the lifting of the restrictions that currently apply at GIZ to departures and business trips, which serve to contain the disease COVOD-19.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.