Consultant will support the analysis and review of the enabling legislative environment for health insurance in Jordan. This will include thorough examination of public and private health insurance legislative landscape, including laws, regulations, instructions, cabinet decisions and directives. Specifically, the Consultant will provide following services in the area of health insurance:
- Provide technical support and attend all meetings for the committee established by HE Minister of Health related to insurance reform between Health Insurance Administration and Social Security;
- Draft Article 30 and 31 instructions;
- Draft updated CIP bylaws with recommendations and its related instructions;
- Facilitate legal review of updated CIP bylaw and Article 30 and 31 instructions by the higher legal committee/ legislative council prior to passing prime ministry office;
- Participate in the HFS committee’s meeting when needed and provide technical support
- Provide technical assistance to finalizing public sector agreements;
- Define private insurance legislations, and areas of improvement;
- Participate in follow up meetings with private health insurers regulators;
- Facilitate the formation of a committee to define the SOPs of any health services’ procurement from the private sector.
In the area of Vaccines Procurement, the Consultant will:
- Support the development of the legislations required to update the vaccine procurement process;
- Evaluate the best available procurement options, within the economic and legal factors and constraints, in coordination with the procurement consultant and HFG team;
- Support the development and execution of implementation plan based on the priority tasks identified by the USAID procurement mission;
- Provide technical support and attend all meetings for the technical and higher committees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Policy or related field;
- 10+ years of experience in legislative review and analysis;
- Excellent writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Experience in health and insurance legislation review and analysis;
- Experience working with governmental stakeholders in Jordan;
- Experience with USAID-funded projects.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.