Job Title: Health and WASH Program Manager I
Department/Country: South Sudan
Job Location: Juba
Reports To: Head of Programs
The Health and WASH Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing the management of the 4Children and Emergency WASH programming in South Sudan. He/ she will supervise key project staff, provide technical support to project partners and ensure all the project activities are implemented, while developing strong partnership and networks. The Health and WASH Program Manager will also take the lead in strengthening and reinforcing the managerial and technical capacity of the project team, in project implementation, monitoring, learning, reporting, and financial management. In addition, the Health and WASH Program Manager will proactively seek new health and WASH funding opportunities for the country program.
Currently under the WASH and Health Programming portfolio, CRS implements two projects: 4Children and Emergency WASH. The Coordinating Comprehensive Care for Children (4Childern) is a 5 year USAID-funded project designed to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) affected by HIV and AIDS and other adversities. Emergency WASH is a privately funded project while drills and rehabilitates boreholes, training water user committees and pump mechanics, and provides hygiene promotion to hard to reach rural villages.
Education and Experience:
* Master’s degree in International Development, or other relevant degree.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in overseas relief and development, familiarity with WASH or Health programming a plus.
* Experience working in emergency or conflict affected areas preferred; experience in South Sudan a plus.
* Excellent leadership, budget/financial management, analytical, and communication skills.
* Exceptional judgment and inter-personal skills and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams.
* Experience with programming to address conflict sensitivity, gender mainstreaming, inclusion of people with disabilities, and youth.
* Outstanding communication skills, including professional proficiency and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Experience engaging with donors, peer organizations, and civil society partners.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation.
* Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems, and budget management systems.
Required Foreign Language: N/A
Required Travel: Willingness to travel 30% of the time to remote areas of the country
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.