DAI is seeking a Health Diagnostics Team Leader to serve as Team Leader to lead a team of Health experts to undertake a Diagnostics Platform project in Sub- Saharan African Countries.
Africa Health Diagnostics Platform (AHDP) objective is to improve laboratory and diagnostic services for low income populations in Sub-Saharan Africa. This platform is to invest in projects that can increase access to cost-effective diagnostic testing services for low-income populations. The platform envisions providing financing instruments to support the business model of private sector-based laboratories so that they can help to transform medical care, accelerate epidemiological impact, and catalyse diagnostic services within African health care systems. The investment will emphasize diagnostics for TB, HIV, malaria, other infectious diseases and maternal and child healthcare, in countries that have failed to provide these services despite years of investments in public health infrastructure.
The Team leader is responsible for the technical leadership and overall coordination of the project, he/she will provide leadership, direction and strategy for the programme and will be responsible for delivery of all programme outputs and for the meeting of all milestones.
The Team Leader will be responsible for leading the programme team through the various programme components and manage the delivery of activities, reports, knowledge products and other results as approved in programme documentation or work plans.
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent academic degree in health economics, health finance, or other relevant field.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Working level knowledge of French.
General professional experience
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in project implementation and management (planning, programming, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) for the health sector, within development regions, preferably Sub-Saharan Africa.
- 5 years similar experience of working in a senior expert/management position on DFI/donor financed TA operation projects.
- Experience in francophone Sub-Saharan African countries would constitute an advantage.
- Experience of designing and implementing similar diagnostics health programme in Sub-Saharan African countries
- Experience of implementing a health sector project in Sub- Saharan African countries.
- Diagnostics and systems strengthening, public health expertise, preferably on, including public sector engagement.
- Understanding of health sector policies within Sub-Saharan African countries.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For over 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in over 90 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.